Dr. George Landis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 18th, 2016
He had me at Hello
Three words that describe Dr Landis- caring, compassionate and gentle. He made me feel right at ease the first minute of meeting him.

May 29th, 2016
What aTransformation!
Dr. George Landis transformed my appearance, and at the age of 48, I feel like a new person. I hope people read the comments I am sharing below and think, “This is not an ordinary review,” because these are not ordinary circumstances, and Dr. Landis is certainly not an ordinary plastic surgeon. As a result of lifelong obesity, I experienced a grave health crisis that nearly ended my life. Gratefully, I fully recovered and emerged 120 pounds lighter, having lost a dramatic amount of muscle and fat all over my body and face. Though healthier than ever, afterward I was drowning under a significant amount of skin hanging on my stomach, buttocks, breasts and thighs. My face appeared skeletal and harsh with sunken cheeks and hollow eyes. For long-term health reasons, the excess body skin needed to be removed, and I also wanted to embrace my new life comfortably and confidently with an outward appearance that truly matched how I felt. My doctor at the University of Minnesota, under whose care my life was saved, personally referred me to Dr. Landis for help. Dr. Landis performed a head-to-toe body makeover on me, including an abdominoplasty, a medial thigh lift, a buttock lift, breast reconstruction, facial fat grafting and scar revision. His skills as a surgeon, artistry and attention to detail are evident in every procedure he performed. Most visible to the world is my face, which he amazingly restored to a much more youthful appearance. He divided all the procedures into two separate surgeries, separated by 3 weeks, to allow for recovery time. The first surgery included all the facial work, abdominoplasty and breast reconstruction. All the procedures went exactly as he indicated they would and I recovered faster than expected. He erased the hanging flesh on my tummy and created a nice new belly button. I ended up with a taught stomach and an hourglass shape that I never envisioned would be possible on this body. My formerly large and sagging breasts were reconstructed without implants. I love their new smaller size, well proportioned for my slimmer frame. The facial work involved a procedure called fat grafting. My own fat from my body was added to fill in areas of my face that were giving me a gaunt appearance. As a guide for the restoration process, he used pictures taken when I was in my late 20’s. Beyond my expectations he achieved perfectly natural results and restored fullness to my upper eyelids, temples, cheeks and jowl areas. He significantly improved two majorly visible facial scars. Barely noticeable now, they look like little wrinkles. The results are so natural no one has noticed I had any work done on my face, except to comment on how healthy I look. The second surgery included the medial thigh and buttock lifts. It was a bit more involved than the first surgery, but I had an easy recovery. Dr. Landis fitted me with a firmly supportive compression garment that mitigated a lot of the pain as I compliantly rested and recovered. The results of the lower body surgery are truly life transforming. I lost four pants sizes overnight and no longer need any compression garments to hold my lower body together every time I wear pants. The scars from both surgeries now look like garment seams and fade a little bit each week. In my mind, they are insignificant compared to the amazing freedom of movement I gained after the surgeries. Throughout it all, my pain was effectively managed with prescription medication and was relatively minor as a result. Dr. Landis saw me for twelve weeks of follow-up appointments until he was certain I was completely healed. The incredibly personal and compassionate care he and his nurse Karen provided was simply unparalleled in my experience. They thought of everything I needed and cared for me like I was their only patient. Dr. Landis was sensitive to the costs involved and that made it possible for me to complete the transformation I envisioned. If you are planning to have any facial or body work done, do yourself a favor and go see Dr. Landis. You will be glad you did. I am sure glad I did. He transformed my life.

February 25th, 2016
Professional all the way. Had facial surgery done. Amazing results. Natural , not over corrected! I look better but no one knows I did it! I was out with friends 2. 1/2 weeks after and not one person noticed. I think they noticed I look better, but would not have guessed I did the entire face. Very happy with the Landis Clinic.

February 10th, 2016
Dr. Landis was both professional and friendly. Very nice to work with. Couldn't ask for a better surgeon.

February 8th, 2016
Had a wonderful experience with my son's surgery. Dr. Landis is exceptional.

February 6th, 2016
The entire staff was nothing but helpful and caring before, during and following my procedure.

February 5th, 2016
After making my decision to have a bilateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery, I was referred to Dr. Landis by medical providers at MN Oncology and the Virginia Piper Institute. From the initial consultation through my post operative appointments, I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Landis and his staff were always professional yet personal, and genuinely concerned for my well being. I am grateful for their care.

January 28th, 2016
Dr. Landis is outstanding as a plastic surgeon. He has been attentive to my needs - and my conditions have been demanding. He has always been available when I've needed him. I don't know what I would have done without Dr. Landis helping me through the breast cancer journey.

January 22nd, 2016
Wonderful experience
I first met Dr. Landis 2 years ago after he performed my sons hand surgery. My son was in a working accident and crushed his hand. Dr. Landis did a wonderful job repairing and saving fingers of what he could do. He explained to me in detail and also drew pictures. After surgery, he came out and told me the outcome. He is very informative. Now, I had to tell you that story but there is more. Over 12 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery, I lost 123 lbs and have kept it off with a great effort. After my accomplishment I wanted to reward myself with a tummy tuck and arm lift at the age of 52. I went to Dr. Landis and he told me in detail what to expect before, during and after surgery. He answered all my questions, my concerns and thoughts. He is such an understanding Doctor and the staff were also great. I would email or call with questions to Dr. Landis and he replied immediately. I could not ask for a better experience. If I had more money, I would go back to see him and have more done!! Good Luck to you!!

September 24th, 2015
my experience was the best! perfect tummy tuck

March 19th, 2012
Bilateral Breast Reconstruction Greatfulness
After finding this website and only seeing current bad comments I have to add my good. I was introduced to Dr. Landis after being given the cancer news. We met at his office, he explained things in layman terms, options, outcomes, longterm,for breast reconstruction at time of mastectomy's or later down the line. I was given more time then any other doctor has given me, when not knowing what questions to answer he filled in the gaps. It was also explained that each person is different and so is the outcome. I was very lucky with my outcome due to having caught the cancer early. So of course I am very happy, but no matter what the outcome I was well taken care of, when I called the office for questions the doctor was the one that called me back. I knew ahead of time it may not be perfect, but be real you had cancer, and you are trying to feel normal, you will never be origional again. I would recommend Dr. Landis and his staff to anyone I loved and cared for. As I feel he gives his all and does the best he can with what we as patients have to work with. Your surgeons save your life, your plastic surgeon trys to give you a bit of normal for that life. Be Greatful there are techniques to help us 30 years ago we would be complaining about not having the reconstruction oppertunity.

January 6th, 2011
Highly skilled, highly recommended
Dr. Landis came highly recommended to me, by several physicians. I was a patient of his, and can now personally recommend him for plastic surgery, breast and hand. He is professional, uses current technology/techniques, and I couldn't be happier with the results of my surgery.