Dr. George Lucas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Lucas?

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. George Lucas?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 31st, 2013

Very knowledgeable and competent physician with wonderful bedside manner

I have had multiple surgeries on elbow which got stuck in one position from a doctor not moving it for 6 weeks. Dr. Lucas was able to get it to move in both directions and give me mobility again. He is a very skilled surgeon who is always upfront and honest about the outcome. I could not ask for a more compassionate and patient doctor. I hope he never retires because the newer doctors dont have or take the time to even find out your problems.

July 19th, 2013

Pleasant but missed an important details

I was referred to Dr. Lucas by my regular doctor because of infection from a cut of my cuticle during a manicure. My biggest issue was the swelling that came after surgery because it was infected before surgery, this he knew, and he gave me no antibiotic at any time. So after surgery, though wrapped professionally I called two different times one week apart because of the pain and extreme swelling and the staff told me it was normal. They never said let's have the doctor check it out! After a brutal removal of stitches and still the swelling, still no antibiotic! I left within two days after that for a flight out of town only to have the swelling increase enough to pop open the stitches on two sides of the three that were sewn so it was painful and oozing. I had to spend 6 hrs. in urgent care waiting for a hand specialist and she was shocked that he gave me no antibiotics!! I confronted him when I returned after better treatment out of town. His response was very unsatisfactory! I think at his age he should call it quits. The two fingers he did are frozen or locked and he never let me know that could happen or what to do to prevent it. He assumes too much.

April 28th, 2016