A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Magovern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Magovern is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Magovern
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Magovern Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Magovern, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Magovern graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 7 awards.
Dr. Magovern has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
- Forbes Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Jerome Magovern MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. George J. Magovern practice?
- Dr. George Magovern has 1 office location.
Dr. George Magovern practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Cardiothoracic Surgeons.