A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Magovern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Magovern is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Magovern
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Magovern Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Magovern, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Magovern graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 7 awards.
Dr. Magovern has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
- Forbes Regional Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Jerome Magovern MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 34 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. George J. Magovern practice?
- Dr. George Magovern has 1 office location.
Dr. George Magovern practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Cardiothoracic Surgeons.