A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Magovern:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Magovern is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Magovern, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Aneurysm
- Heart Cancer
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Thoracic/Cardiothoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Magovern graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 7 awards.
Dr. Magovern has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
- Latrobe Area Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Magovern accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George J. Magovern practice?
Dr. George Magovern practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Cardiothoracic Surgeons.