Learn more about Dr. George Makar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Makar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Makar, MD, MSCE is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Urinary Fistula
- Urinary Retention
- Uterine Prolapse
Education & Awards
Dr. Makar graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Makar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital of the University of PA
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Makar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George A. Makar practice?
Dr. George Makar practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology near Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Egg Harbor Township Internists, Egg Harbor Township Gastroenterologists, and Egg Harbor Township Hepatologists.