A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Makar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Makar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Makar
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Makar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Makar, MD, MSCE is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hepatitis C
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Urinary Fistula
- Urinary Retention
- Uterine Prolapse
Education & Awards
Dr. Makar graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Makar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Adeeb Makar MD and MSCE is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. George A. Makar practice?
- Dr. George Makar has 2 office locations.
Dr. George Makar practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Gastroenterologists, and Philadelphia Hepatologists.