A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Makar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Makar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Makar, MD, MSCE is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Urinary Fistula
- Urinary Retention
- Uterine Prolapse
Education & Awards
Dr. Makar graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Makar has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Adeeb Makar MD and MSCE is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. George A. Makar practice?
- Dr. George Makar has 5 office locations.
Dr. George Makar practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology near Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Egg Harbor Township Internists, Egg Harbor Township Gastroenterologists, and Egg Harbor Township Hepatologists.