Dr. George Markovich MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

March 3rd, 2016
Finally!
I have some severe spinal issues, in the lumbar I am end stage DDD and have multiple herniations. I have been complaining about my hip for years, I have been very specific about where the pain is coming from but every single Neurosurgeon, PM DO, Neurologist and even my PCP have insisted it was referred pain from my lumbar issues. I eventually demanded an X-ray as I was convinced it was my hip at bare minimum contributing to the pain, begrudgingly I was given a script and the X-ray came back clean. With semi-smug "told you so" attitudes I conceded the pain was referred. Fast forward a few years and the pain had become debilitating. This time I had to insist on a Ortho referral. I researched Dr. Marcovich and knew that if he said nothing was wrong with my hip then there wasn't. His X-ray showed normal as well, I felt defeated until he followed it up with "You probably have a labral tear". Anyway, I had an MR and it found evidence of a tear and degeneration, i am scheduled for surgery later this month. It took him less than ten minutes to diagnose me and he was spot on. Love this guy, am upset with my other providers for making me feel like a hypochondriac and not LISTENING to me.

February 10th, 2016
Knowledgeable and articulate

July 8th, 2015
Shoulder Surgery
Many other friends that have had surgery on their shoulders had me concerned I would be incapaciated for a month. Dr. Markovich did such a great job that I no longer needed pain meds after the 2nd day. I had a totally torn tendon and other shreaded tendons. I also could sleep in my own bed after the 4th night!

December 18th, 2014
Dr. Markovich is not only a great orthopedic surgeon, but also a true gentleman I have and will continue to praise him and his PA Pat as the best among the best. cudos to you!!!!

October 26th, 2014
Rotator Cuff surgery
Entire staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Pat, the physician's assistant was extremely helpful and answered all my questions post surgery. The physical therapy staff was great! I would definitely recommend Dr. Markovich, his staff and the physical therapy to a friend. This is my second (unrelated) surgery with Dr. Markovich and if the need ever arises again I will definitely be back. Thanks to all for your great care.

June 1st, 2014
Knee pain
Dr. Markovich took the time to discuss all my options, and what type of treatments to alleviate my pain. Very good service and felt more like a patient than a number.

April 30th, 2014
Knee Replacement
My knee had degenerated to the point where I had to crawl on all fours when climbing the stairs in my house. I called Dr. Markovich's office and was guided through the scheduling of knee-replacement surgery. I do not live in Florida, but the planning for me to fly down for surgery went without a hitch. Before and after surgery to replace the joint, Dr. Markovich explained details of the procedure he was about to perform and described what I would need to do in rehabilitation. The surgery was flawless and the results have been, for me, miraculous. Afterwards, Dr. Markovich followed up regularly to insure that PT was progressing. He was personable and courteous - never in a rush when consulting. Now I am back to doing activities that I had given up long ago due to the pain in my knee. And no more climbing on all fours up the stairs!

My Favorite Doctor By Far
I had back pain that turned out to be hip related and Dr. Markovich was the first doctor to actually hear my complaint and figure out my issue. I would recommend him for anyone at any time! And if I needed medical care again, I would use him only.

kind and smart
I tore my rotator cuff repaired by dr markovich. he was wonderful and put all my fears to rest. I healed quicker then I ever thought and was back on the golf course in 3 weeks.

No scar
Dr. Markovich was completely thorough. His staff is knowledgeable and courteous The office has always been available for all of my questions, and answered them in a timely manor. I have no complaints only positive remarks He's a remarkable surgeon

patient
I was extremely satisfied with my results- Dr. Markovich performed the operation on my rotator cuff and I have a full recovery - excellent results and Dr. Markovich is a very caring Doctor and highly experienced - I would definitly use him again

April 28th, 2014
Excellent care
Excellent care. The Doctor was the most informed about my procedure of any professional that I interviewed.