Dr. George Martinez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 24th, 2016
Diamond in the rough
I have some serious medical issues and I came to know Dr. Martinez while looking for a doctor who could provide me with weekly high dose vitamin C infusions. After getting to know Dr. M. and being in need of a local PCP, I hired him!! If you're looking for a doctor who truly cares and wants to understand your medical challenges and help you to become a healthy person, I would recommend you come see him. He is highly knowledgeable and will take the time to understand the challenges your body is facing. He can offer you holistic approaches by treating the root of the problem in effort to restore your body back into natural balance instead of prescribing drugs that often create more problems in your body. The term Doctor by origin is "teacher". Dr. M. is a compassionate teacher. He's one of the few doctors out there practicing the oath (Hippocratic) he took when he was appointed a medical doctor. In my opinion, he's a diamond in the rough and we need more doctors like him.

September 1st, 2016
Trusted
I have been a patient of Dr. Martinez for nearly 30 years. I have read the other comments and I get what they're saying. He isn't much on aesthetics, but is professional, direct and straight-to-the-point from my perspective. So if you're looking for coddling with a warm and fuzzy bed side manner or a doctor lacking morals or ethics, you're in the wrong place. However, if you're looking for an accurate diagnosis and 'get down to it' doctor visit, then step right up! He reminds me of the military doctors I went to as a child. He will tell you like it is. I should tell you Dr. Martinez has saved my life not once but twice! I had a skin eating staph infection in my face in 1993. He took samples that were sent to the CDC. I had to see him every day for 2 weeks for treatment. He didn't charge me after the first 2 visits. Dr. M saved my face (the cranberry rash left no marks) and my life as it was spreading fast toward my brain. When I was married, my husband was severely diabetic and under Dr. Martinez' care. After one of my husbands episodes was treated, Dr. M called the house from his home over the weekend to check on him. More recently I had dangerously high blood pressure with a weight problem, neither of which I could control. He saw me every 2 weeks and drew blood. He figured out it was hormonal and treated it. My BP is normal and I've lost 20 pounds since February! To each his own, but as far as I'm concerned - I hope to keep seeing him for another 30 and as long as he keeps doing what he's doing, I will be around to do just that!

August 27th, 2016
My wife and I have been using him over 20 years and are very satisfied with his methods.

August 22nd, 2016
Doctor helped me uncover mystery illnesses.
Dr. Martinez has been a lifesaver for me. I was sick for 7 years with debilitating fatigue and stomach pains. I went to every type of specialist, had every test done, even saw holistic doctors and naturopaths. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. Dr. Martinez figured it out during our first appointment. He had me do some blood work, which confirmed his ideas that I had a genetic mutation. He put me on a new diet, and a regimen of vitamins and supplements. I went from having a 20% energy level to 80% in a matter of months because of Dr. Martinez. I'm in my 20's and used to think I would never feel healthy enough to have children. Dr. Martinez has changed that, and now my family tells me I look really healthy and energetic. Before I met Dr. Martinez I saw some negative reviews and was a little apprehensive, but then he called me to learn about my health and medical history. No doctor had ever given me that attention before, and it led to him figuring out what was wrong with me and helping me get better. Dr. Martinez is different from other doctors because he actually takes the time to get to the cause of his patients' symptoms, not just treat the symptoms temporarily. His goal is to heal patients and improve their quality of life, which he has definitely done for me. I think he gets negative reviews because some people are used to doctors who aren't invested in their history and healing them. He expects his patients to put in the work because he cares about them getting better. Also, the location of the office is in a strip mall, but I've been to nearly 30 doctors over the last 7 years, and have learned not to be fooled by "upscale, swanky" offices. Doctors with the fanciest offices gave up on helping me, but Dr. Martinez didn't. All you really need to know is, if you want a doctor who will find the source of your ailments and help you get better long-term, Dr. Martinez is your guy.

December 27th, 2015
treats the cause of chronic issues
As a patient with autoimmune disease, finding a doctor to treat the cause was very difficult until I met Dr. Martinez. He was thorough, honest, and very encouraging throughout all my appointments. He guided me on the right path of health in order to get pregnant after many years of infertility. Thank you Dr. Martinez!

December 16th, 2015
Dr. Martinez is a great physician!
Dr. Martinez has been my wife's family doctor for most of her life. We recently visited and found Dr. Martinez to be very knowledgeable about my wife's condition. I was also pleasantly surprised that Dr. Martinez encouraged us to educate ourselves, by seeking out additional information regarding his recommendations for treatment. Doctors are no different than mechanics, there are good ones and bad ones. Dr. Martinez is one of the great ones you can trust will give you straight-forward and relevant information, while remaining receptive to the patient's input. Now more than ever, we must support our great doctors, if we have any hope for competent physicians in the future.

September 29th, 2015
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Martinez for over 10 years. I can t say enough of how satisfied I am having him for my Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone.

September 28th, 2015
Dr. Martinez has been my doctor for over 25 years. His approach to wellness is the primary reason. I appreciate that he is willing to listen to symptoms and advise an appropriate plan--nutritionally, with medication or lifestyle changes. If you are looking for a fancy office, you won't find it with him. But if you want to feel better, this is the doctor to see. If you are only happy when you walk out with a prescription, then you need to find another doctor. I trust him!

September 21st, 2015
Dr. George Martinez has been my primary doctor for almost 20 years. I was really shocked by the reviews that I've read on Yelp. I'm curious how people are allowed to write whatever they want and post it without some sort of liable or slander suit being filed. Look, Dr. Martinez is located in a strip center and the office is less than ship shape; however, Dr. Martinez takes his role as a primary care physician very seriously. He has gone through a gradual process of moving away from traditional medicine - which only treats the symptom - to a more holistic approach that attempts to resolve the actually physical problem - the cause of the symptom. He reviews blood work in the most thorough manner that I've ever seen and believes - as I do - that it is the roadmap to what is really going on in our bodies. In case you've not been paying attention for the past 20 years, the insurance system has squeezed doctors to the point of not being able to make a living. Many doctors have had to close down their practice or join up with a conglomerate in order to survive. Many people have gotten used to going to HUGE clinics where doctor's can share the expenses of the redundancies of multiple offices working together - insurance filing, appointments, nurses and nurse practitioners. Dr. Martinez is a one man shop and I like it that way. I know when I go in, I'm going to see him, not a helper or a nurse practitioner or an assistant - like I do when I go to a specialist or other doctor's office. Dr. Martinez knows me and he knows my medical history. We are working together to get me to a place where I am healthy and functioning at a high level. If you want someone to pop in and write you a prescription, this is not your doctor. If you are looking for a doctor that will spend whatever time it takes to get to a solution to your health issue, he is your guy.

June 11th, 2015
I have been seeing him since 1989 and has saved my life a couple of times. If you're looking for charm and bed side manner.. he's not your guy. But if you're looking for accurate diagnosis and a competent doctor, he's it!

February 29th, 2012
Been going to Doc Martinez since 1985. He is friendly but he still gets right to the point. He is uncannily accurate which means fewer RXs and quicker recoveries. All of my family has been to see him at some time and we all love this man. If you need hand-holding and a fist full of RXs then you need someone else... but if you want good results, he's your guy. I saw revues saying he didn't care about the patient. Well, when I was home recovering from my heart attack he called me to check on me and even gave me his home phone! Do ALL Docs do that??? I don't think so. Insurance: Humana

October 7th, 2011
I went to see Dr. Martinez so I could establish a primary physician. He is so arrogant and rude. I work in the medical field and have for the past 28 years. I would recommend that everyone stay away from this doctor. He come out into the waiting room to get you and looks down at you as if he is some kind of God. His office staff took a photocopy of my debit card which I think is ridiculous since I did have insurance. Their excuse was that it was just in case my insurance didn't pay. The best thing is just not to even consider this doctor.