Dr. George Mcbeath Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. George Mcbeath?

Straight-forward, caring.

Posted on September 22nd, 2017

Kind, insightful, direct, funny. If you don't want a reasoned, direct opinion and approach, and are looking to self/validate your hunch or internet diagnosis or cure.....heal thyself. George will not let you BS yourself.

Posted on December 17th, 2016

Dr Macbeth is a caring and patient doctor. He takes time explaining every thing. Highly recommend.

Posted on July 20th, 2016

Dr. McBeath will refer you to a specialist if he can't write you a prescription. If he's out of the office, you'll have to go to Urgent Care. There are no other doctors who will see you. He gets up and walks you out of the office before you can tell him all your concerns. I'm looking for another doctor.

MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE

Posted on February 17th, 2014

I found Dr. George R. McBeath to be extremely RIGID in his approach to eliciting information from me, a patient. His attitude I felt was, "Do as I say and don't ask questions". On one visit while I was waiting in the exam room, I overheard him outside the door stating to his STAFF collectively "Someone needs to get the vacuum out and clean the floor and if we don't have a vacuum here, I'll bring one from home"! Assuming he has practiced in this office for a long period of time, why not just ask someone in private to take care of this issue/or not???? When he came into the exam room, I did speak up and say the word "Obsessive". His response "no, it's not right to have mud on the floor for patients to see". I didn't see it and came through the same door. Just an example of his extreme "attitude" that carries over to his patients. When I asked to be seen by another physician in his group, I was told by a receptionist that this would not be possible in the same office. I stated to the receptionist that Dr. McBeath was extremely rigid in his thinking and felt it carried over to my complicated medical problems. I choose this physician not knowing his background due to the fact that my PCP was leaving. In calling his office, I was assured that he would comply with giving me medications I had been taking since 2009 following liver and sm. intestinal resections complicated by a total left shoulder replacement that IS extremely painful, the reason for the opoid pain medications given to me at John's Hopkins Hospital. On my first visit, he proceeded to place me on a detox program using Catapres, a blood pressure medication, weaning me off this opoid over a period of 2-3 mos. On my last visit, Dr. McBeath exited the exam room stating to me with a grin on his "that's it"! I called this office to try to see another physician who practices in this same office and was told I couldn't do that. Word got back to Dr. McBeath about it and I received a letter of dismissal from his practice. I find this to be medical negligence and that this physician is only interested in his own "HIDE" AND DOES NOT HAVE HIS PATIENT'S BEST INTERESTS IN MIND. In other words, HE RUNS SCARED TO THE DETRIMENT OF HIS PATIENTS...

Posted on December 14th, 2013

McBeath did not to me listen very well and was quick to drown me out with opinions (he has tended to members of my family who complain of similar things). He jumped to a conclusion about my condition and treated me and when it didn't improve, he kept going on like he couldn't be wrong. What I actually have had actually been suggested by another doctor and McBeath dismissed this because "I am too young for that". I wasted months on him prescribing me antibiotics that didn't work, because it wasn't what he was diagnosing and I kept telling him this to no avail. He and his staff have horrible communication skills and I was told I would be prescribed something and I showed up at the pharmacy receiving something else. I even told him about a medication that had previously failed and he prescribed it to me again! It cost me a pile of money trying all this stuff out that didn't even work and was doing who knows what to my body. He also hides behind his staff and feeds his bull through a secretary instead of actually explaining things himself when I expressed to the secretary how much agony I was in. I was in pain and misery for months trying things his way. Even though I had horrible insurance, I dropped a heavy chunk of change to see another specialist and AFTER ACTUALLY LISTENING TO ME, diagnosed it correctly right off the bat. I was medicated and after months of therapy I am getting my life back together. The horrible thing is: it turned out to be the condition that I suggested it could be in the first place! But I am too young, right? A complete waste of months of my time and good health. Horrible experience...the worst of any doctor I have ever visited.

Great doctor, but not for people that dislike straightforward

Posted on February 2nd, 2011

I love this doctor, he is very direct and matter of fact regarding diagnosis, medication, treatment. Be prepared to not have anything sugar coated - if you like being coddled, not the doctor for you.

Posted on September 27th, 2008

Find his office staff has very poor communication and public relations skills!!

Posted on February 1st, 2017