Dr. George Michas Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Michas?

June 30th, 2017

Dr. Micas saved my life! My brain literally locked-up and was non-functional. No medications, many visits to many previous Psychiatrists did nothing for me until I found Dr. Micas. After extensive evaluations, he recommended ECT's(Electro-convulsive therapy) to cure my condition. I agreed and it worked! I highly recommend Dr. Micas. He is a seasoned and talented Psychiatrist. He also nailed the medication that actually WORKS for my insomnia as well, as other Psychiatrists' prescribed me all the so-called "latest and greatest" insomnia meds, which I tried. They all would work for a couple months, and then they weren't effective. Dr. Micas once again used a tried-and-true old-school medication that actually WORKS and has worked for 7 years now! He may employ what some people refer to as "old-school" methods, but they WORK. I highly recommend his opinions and methods. He literally saved my life!

October 19th, 2015

Retired GS 12 from Eglin, AFB

I have been a patient of Dr. George Michas for over 18 years. I came to see him many years ago as a result of being recommended by one of his patients who had been in the same situation I was in and he highly recommended Dr. Michas to take care of me. I and the other employee had been mistreated and abused by two supervisors at Eglin, AFB. I had a stellar work record and many sustained superior performance awards and stacks of letters of appreciation and accommodation from numerous program managers, defense contractor CEOs, squadron commanders, etc. The two supervisors, who will remain unnamed, became extremely jealous of me and intentionally set me up for failure by assigning me work I was not qualified to accomplish and also assigning me quantities of work that I would no way have the time to accomplish. As a result, I ended up losing my job and going to Dr. Michas to help me with my deep depression and thoughts of suicide. After over two years under this doctor's care, I was able to receive a small pension from a medical retirement, thanks to all of the work of Dr. Michas. One of the supervisors noted above died of bone cancer and the other got ran off Eglin AFB by more than numerous employees (both male and female) who simply found no way to work under her brutal, mental abusive style of supervision. Dr. Michas had saved my life on numerous occasions by administering electro convulsive therapy and the use of mild doses of an anti-depressant medication over the past 18 years. I would not be alive today if it were not for the work and care of Dr. George Michas. I am glad that the two supervisors got a taste of the bad karma they were spreading to other employees either while the supervisors were still employed by Eglin or after they were gone. They both got what eventually deserved as to what they did to wreck the careers of others in their path. As a result of what they did to me, I ended up losing my job, my family, my full retirement, and almost my house. I also ended up with bouts of chronic depression which will probably last me the rest of my life. I thank God for Dr. Michas and his care and help because without it, as noted above, I would not be alive today and happily married to my second wife, Sandy. I also have a medical retirement which will serve as small compensation for the rest of my life for what these two supervisors did to me at Eglin, AFB. As far as the staff of Dr. Michas is concerned, Miss Gail, who is fairly new at the front desk is a fabulous lady who really has a genuine care for all who currently enter the office. Miss Barbara, who is also up front and used to be Dr. Michas' nurse during the administering of the electro convulsive therapy, is also up front with Gail and she is fabulous as well. I give Dr. Michas a five star rating for all the reasons noted above and I hope he and his staff remain in place for many years to come.

June 21st, 2015

If you are serious about getting help, this is who you need.

He spends continual time trying to help you. There are no moments where there is silence. He spends the entire appointment, trying to do as much as possible for you. I highly recommend him!

June 8th, 2015

This guy

May 19th, 2015

I saw him for years and ended up leaving because I couldn't handle how mean he is, he practically told me I'm untreatable and threatened to throw me in a state hospital. He's EXTREMELY rude and when he gets frustrated because you're not fixed, he'll just put you on the highest dose of an antidepressant even if you don't respond to antidepressants and he knows it. He prescribes benzodiazepines like candy because he believes the answer is to put you in zombie-like state. His work started at state hospitals many years ago and it shows. If you're someone who genuinely needs a lot of medication to treat your condition, his method his great but his personality will still make you feel like a piece of crap.

October 25th, 2012

office staff

His office staff sucks to put it bluntly. I had to wait 6 WEEKS to have my disability papers filled out. My insurance company told me a phone call from the doctors office would be enough to approve my extension on my disability. No sense of urgency from his staff. I had 3 visits within the 6 WEEKS and I got excuses everytime as to why the paperwork was not done. On top of all this added stress I had to pay a "new" fee of $105.00 to have the paperwork filled out. I have been a patient of Dr. Michas for 17 years.

January 29th, 2012

I'm Not Nuts

January 23rd, 2012

if you need help go to dr michas. he is an awesome person and he really cares.

April 4th, 2011

Although the wait time can be very long on Mondays and Fridays due to Dr Michas does procedure's on patience's at the hospital. Susan his Nurse practitioner is who you will normally see unless you need to see Dr Michas. Dr. Michas is very good and understanding about your needs for any type of condition and understands about pain control for pain patients.

February 22nd, 2011

judith wade seitz

people rate his bedside manner as low? he saved my life, and he truly cares about people with mental illness. he knows his stuff and as long as you follow his advice and his orders, his bedside manner is the best. ive been seeing dr. michas over 15 yrs. there is no better as far as im concerned. the nurses at the psychiatric unit of the hospital are the WORST ive EVER SEEN though. ive been in 2 other facilities, so its not just the job.

June 30th, 2017