Internists, Cardiologist (heart)
Florida Heart Group
1613 N Mills Ave
Rowena Gardens, Orlando, FL 32803
407-894-4474
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

I agree this Dr. Is good at what he does but along with tat coes a major attitde . I too sat and waited and waited in te office for him to come I understand tree are emergencies at the hospital but never have I received a "thank you for waiting". It was as if you were lucky to be him. Also was told off by this Dr for nothing that I did . Yes he is brilliant but I want my Dr to have some compassion and bedside kindness too.

|  show details
by Phil Hampton on May 5th, 2011

I found the Doctor to be friendly, patient, and proffessional in describing my condition and how he proposed to repair it. I accepted his recommendation for an ablation. The procedure was performed in Florida Hospital South and was a complete sucess!! I have had heart palpitations since about age 10 and had experience them frequently. I had never gone more than 3 months without one, then at age 78, I had one that lasted 2 hours and required an emergency room visit to control. Since Dr Monir performed the ablation procedure one year and 3 months ago I have never had another occurrence of palpitations!! Thank you Dr Monir.

|  The best in his field  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

In March of 2007 I was diagnosed with Ventricular Tachycardia with cariac arrest resulting in sudden death and was being cared for by a different cardiac care doctor. My condition was getting worse to the point of being continually hospitalized in CICU. I was referred to Dr. Monir in august 2007 who immediately recommended cardiac ablasion, which my current doctor refused saying it was too risky. Dr. Monir took over my case and did the procedure on August 13th 2007. This was a nine hour procedure and was completed with no complications. I was able to leave the hospital and returned to work full time in September, 2007. I continue to follow up with Dr. Monir every 6 months to monitor my progress and he also monitors my AICD (pacer/defibrillator)and I have had no symptoms since. I cannot speak highly enough regarding Dr. Monir and his staff. If it were not for him my survival chances then would have been less than six months.

|  THE RIGHT STUFF  |  show details
by DR PAUL on Dec 24th, 2010

This guy is very bright and gets right to the root of the matter. He has a huge following, which makes getting an appt quite a PITA. I intend to stick with him.

|  Heart Failure Patient  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2010

Dr. Monir is a very caring and a great doctor. You are in the best of care with Dr. Monir and he is a brillant surgeon. I would trust my life with him and just did.I have heart failure along with AFIB and Dr. Monir recently performed Ablation on me. This is very serious surgery and it took 7 long hours . My quality of life was very poor prior to this procedure. It will not extend my life for me but will make living worth while again I cannot begin to tell you the difference in how I feel today compaired to my life before having this surgery.Dr. Monir is excellant doctor and a great surgeon.I love you Dr. Monir.Thank you from the bottom of my heart.M.G.

|  Good medical knowledge, miserable temperament.  |  show details
by R. Monaco on Feb 7th, 2010

I was one of this Dr's 1st patients, seeing him the last 7 years. This Dr. doesn't like questions, never cares how late he is, left me sitting for hours before calling that he wont be in, a normal wait is ~ 1 hour in thw office and 45 min. or longer in the exam room. I was reprimanded by a neighbor for recommending him after they experienced his rudeness during their visit. In his defense he converted my arrhytmia on four occasions successfully so I wont down his expertise in that area. After complaining to the office administrator re: his constant lateness at every visit,I was told she "counseled him re: his tardiness" but he didn't care about it and Monir decided to end our relationship. He is also a "partner" in the Fl. Heart Group. If you take up with this guy keep your mouth shut or find someone else with a MUCH better attitude and bedside manner. (Submitted 2/7/2010)