Overall Review

2.7

April 11th, 2016
Don't Waste Your Time or Money
I’ve been to dr. monks 3 times and my husband, once. Not one time did he or his staff follow up and contact me to see if my condition had improved. I had no idea he or his staff did that, so I wasn’t expecting a follow up phone call. I continued to make appts w/ him hoping that if he grew to know me, he’d loosen up a bit and give me a little more time in my appointment. Wrong !! He never told me what my skin condition is, he just gave me a sample of two cleansers and one tiny sample tube of the ointment he wanted me to use and a flyer w/ the company’s name and information on it. I thought I was supposed to use the tube of ointment to see if it helped my condition, but the ointment company called me the next day, eager to sign me up for automatic refills of the ointment. The ointment company representative was pushy and wasn’t very nice when I told her I needed time to see if the ointment worked and to check w/ insurance to see if they would pay for it. She wanted an immediate fill, as if she wanted my money now !! Dr. Monks has a terrible bedside manner - he’s not friendly, respectful of a patient who has come to him for help and he’s headed towards the door almost as soon as he steps into the room. He always gave me the impression that my questions were irrelevant and that he had something better to do than to take care of a patient. At my last appt, he spent a total of about 4 to 5 minutes with me, while I tried to tell him how my skin condition was doing and trying to ask questions, he WAS headed toward the door and I almost had to chase him into the hallway -I was in the middle of a question and he headed out the door and shut it, never answering my question. I guess he couldn’t be further bothered w/ me. The office staff is not very friendly, but the nurse that accompanies the doctor into the exam room is very rude and hateful. If you ask her a question because the doc left the room so quickly, she acts like she’s put out having to do anything for you. As a result of all the complaints I have about dr monks, I will never go to him again. He’s a total waste of time and money. If there were a negative choice in the rating stars, I’d definitely put Dr. Monks and his staff in that category.

August 12th, 2015
Horrible experience
I was referred to Dr. Monks office due to a skin condition that was causing severe pain; while trying to schedule an appointment I was told it was either the next day or three months from now. Appointment was schedule at 10:30 and I did not even get seen until an hour later. Appointments are made due to our working schedule, there is a complete disregard for anyone else's schedule but his own. He met with pharmaceutical reps for an extended period of time which pushed all his appointments behind. When asking the staff approximately how much longer until I would be taken back, they brushed me off like I was not important and that I was bothering them. I am sorry but your job is contingent on the patients. Absolutely horrible office staff and doctor.

March 7th, 2015
Waste of Time and Money
Save your money and do not use Dr. Monks for your derm needs. He never communicated to me what my condition was. I had to find out through the nurse. I was to have a cyst removed in my cheek. The cyst was never fully removed, leaving me in the same position I was in before seeing Monks (the cyst grew back because he didnt remove the full root of the cyst). Now, I am left with a new cyst and scar on my face. I honestly feel he is in it for the money. He likes follow up visits, but there is not really much any follow up going on, just pay money and leave. Total waste of time and money. I have learned to read up on doctors before scheduling an appointment with one.

December 12th, 2014
Don't waste your time of money
From thf moment I called to schedule an appointment I felt the person on the line to be curt and rude. The wait tine was very long but once the Dr Monk came in he made a quick dx with no real exam. In my opinion he is just out for the money. No follow up recommended for a chronic dermatological pronlem?? The reviews are not reflected correctly either. Beware!

July 30th, 2012
Highly recommend
Dr Monks was very impressive. He didn't waste his time or mine.His nurse took my info, he came in and did what needed to be done and I was outta there.

June 13th, 2012
Go somewhere else. He doesn't listen and doesn't care what you have to say

April 11th, 2011
Mohammad
it was an overall good experience i would suggest it to anybody who has problems with there skin.