George T. Moynihan, MD
Facial Plastic Surgeon; Otolaryngology- Cosmetic Corrective Surgery within the Head & Neck
Video profile
1 E Erie St
Ste 640
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 988-9300
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Judy's Book. CitySearch.
 |  Excellence all around!  |  show details
by Toula M. on May 2nd, 2013

From the consultation to the otoplasty and beyond, Dr. Moynihan and his team were superb. Dr. Moynihan is very genuine, honest and caring. I was nervous as this was my first cosmetic surgery and I chose local anesthesia. I was smiling as we were all sharing stories and listening to the doc sing Sting backups :) I couldn't believe how quickly the time passed and I was wrapped up and ready to go home! I've already recommended him to all of my girlfriends! As i'm getting older, I find more and more things I would like improved. I will be going back to Dr. Moynihan without a doubt.

|  One of the best you'll find!  |  show details
by Gregg on Mar 18th, 2013

All I can say is Dr. Moynihan rocks! I went to see doc a few years ago for a revision rhinoplasty, septoplasty, and chin implant. Playing sports for so many years really did a number on my face After 4 years the results are still amazing. He completely corrected the botched rhinoplasty I had done 5 years earlier, which is VERY hard to do, by the way. He's a very sociable guy, and will joke around and make you feel comfortable. I researched extensively before I had this done and he was the guy. The price is very reasonable, too, for such good work!! If you read this...thank you doc. You saved my life!!

|  Dr. Moynihan treats his patients on a case by case basis  |  show details
by Carry V. at Judy`s Book on Mar 14th, 2013 on judysbook.com

I liked what Dr. Moynihan said he would do for me with the lower blepharoplasty versus what I read in the ad. He treats everyone on a case by case basis. He was eager to answer my questions either in person or by phone, and his bedside ma...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Quite pleased with my result  |  show details
by Kathrine B. at Judy`s Book on Oct 31st, 2012 on judysbook.com

I was nervous about having a Neck lift and Eyelift, but I felt like Dr. Moynihan was very knowledgeable and personal, which put me at ease, so I was comfortable in proceeding with the surgery. The best thing is that I had something done, b...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  Meticulous surgeon with reassuring personality  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Dr. Moynihan had to take a graft from behind my ear to replace basal cell carcinoma tissue taken from my nose. The hole left was the size of a pencil eraser. He did a perfect job of grafting the skin as this was a difficult case. I would not hesitate to have him do any facial plastic surgery. He shows respect for his patients.

|  perfect for me  |  show details
by indirafasula at Citysearch on Apr 5th, 2012 on citysearch.com

My confidence in Dr. Moynihan was the greatest thing that pushed me to do the surgery with him. Hes a wonderful listener and is patient. I never felt that he rushed me out of the office, like I have felt with other doctors. He took the time to alleviate my worries and concerns, and he obviously has a skill. I could see that it was evident, just walking into his office, that he was highly regarded and has the experience. Hes young but not fresh out of school, so that also added to it.

|  perfect for me  |  show details
by indirafasula at Citysearch on Apr 5th, 2012 on citysearch.com

|  5 stars, he even called home to see how I was doing  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr. Moynihan was referred to me by an eye specialist who I was seeing to have a new tear duct put in, and he suggested that I first have some work done on my septum and sinuses to ensure that the subsequent surgery would be successful. So I saw Dr. Moynihan and he thoroughly explained the procedure to me. I felt comfortable with him; decided to go ahead with that surgery; and all went well. He was very attentive post-surgery and called me at my home daily for a week to see how I was doing, and to answer all my questions or concerns that I had. Ive been pleased with every aspect of his office- from the front desk personnel, to the assistants, to Dr. Moynihan himself.

|  informative and detailed  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2012

Dr. Moynihan was informative and detailed about what he was going to do for my rhinoplasty. If I was ever confused about something he didnt hesitate to explain it to me or give me an alternative. He even made suggestions that made my recovery easier and more efficient. He was always available via phone or email. He was great!

|  really great results  |  show details
by gigitamccarns8 at Citysearch on Dec 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I found out about Dr. Moynihan online and decided to call to make an appointment. I saw a couple of before and after pictures of African-American patients on his website. The results that I saw were really good. Being an African-American patient as well, I really thought his work suited my face best. The consultation process was very easy. The staff was great and really nice as well. Dr. Moynihan doesnt really have a big staff and thats good because everyone is very close and they make you feel like youre part of their family. Dr. Moynihan is the kind of doctor that likes to please his patients but also tells you what will suit your face best. He gives you what you want and more. I had a Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation and it was really easy. The surgery was done on October 26th, 2011. I experienced little to no pain. He called me the night of the surgery, which was great to make sure that I was eating and that everything was fine. Later, I had my follow-up appointment which was also very painless. The whole process was easy considering that it was a surgery. Dr. Moynihan was very nice and easy to talk to. I thought my results were really great. What I liked the most is that no one really can tell that I had surgery. People just think that I look better. I really like my nose and my chin. I like my profile a lot now and I am very happy. The recovery was 100 easy and I am healing pretty well. I would recommend him to others because he listens to your needs and he is good at what he does. He is really an expert at what he does. I think that if you are going to pay the price, then you should only get a high quality service.

|  really great results  |  show details
by gigitamccarns8 at Citysearch on Dec 20th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Dr moynihan  |  show details
by luciernagamenden at Citysearch on Oct 10th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Dr moynihan  |  show details
by luciernagamenden at Citysearch on Oct 10th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had basal cell carcinoma on my nose and it had eaten all the way through to the inside. I had Mohs surgery with my dermatologist to remove the cancer, and then Dr. Moynihan did a forehead flap procedure to rebuild the nose after the Mohs procedure. It was such a large area that was affected so I was greatly concerned about how it would turn out, but Dr. Moynihan did a wonderful job. I dont remember anymore how I found Dr. Moynihan, but Ive always been so glad that I did. As far as the procedure itself was, youre a little uncomfortable for the first few days, but the first day I got home from the hospital and I didnt have a lot of pain or discomfort. I will admit it looked a little ugly at the beginning with all they had to do, but otherwise I came through and Im very happy with the result. I still have people telling me that they dont even notice it and they say, That guy must have been really good. And I say, No, he was better than good! All my closest friends and even family didnt notice it at all and are surprised if I ever say anything about my nose. Theres a lot of basal cancers going around and I have to say that I felt so comfortable with Dr. Moynihan. He made it very comfortable going through everything. If I had any questions or any thoughts, I could talk to him just like I talk to my husband. He has all the best of everything he knows what hes doing and does an excellent job, but he is also a very pleasant man. Hopefully I wont, but if I ever had to have this type of surgery again, I would certainly have him take care of it.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  outstanding surgeon  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

I think Dr. Moynihan is an outstanding surgeon. For my rhinoplasty he did a teriffic job and Im thrilled with the results! It was a very easy, stream-lined, organized process. He explained everything well, very clearly and accurately. The result is subtle and thats exactly what I was looking for. I didnt want some drastic thing that made me look like Michael Jackson. I wanted to tweak some minor imperfections with my nose and he gave me precisely what I wanted. He perfected the structure, the shape and the size of my nose without changing my overall appearance in a noticeable way so its a very subtle, natural looking result. And my breathing actually improved which was a side effect that I wasnt really expecting. Its really all about the results and he did a great job. Im a very, very happy customer.

|  Lucky with Dr Moynihan  |  show details
by Stupak at Citysearch on Jul 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Moynihan was very thorough explaining exactly what he intended on doing and what the results would be for my revision rhinoplasty. Everything was clarified beforehand. Nothing was a surprise. I feel like hes changed my life ultimately. Im very happy and Im really lucky to have found such a wonderful surgeon.

|  Expert surgeon  |  show details
by balasvandesire at Citysearch on Jun 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had a rhinoplasty and I also had a surgery on a deviated septum. Absolutely love it!!! I liked the fact that Dr. Moynihan only specialized in facial features and is not like every other plastic surgeon out there that does it all cookie cutter. His pictures online of the work he did look so natural and it wasn`t overly done, it wasn`t overly fake. When they were wheeling me back into the center for surgery, I was already really nervous and super scared, but the nurse was there and actually held my hand as I went under anesthesia. And Dr. Moynihan was right there next to me holding my arm. So it made me feel so much more comfortable. A couple of people who knew me previously could kind of tell that something has changed and then they ask, where did you go And the first thing that I say is, absolutely go there, he`s an expert in what he does.

|  Expert surgeon  |  show details
by balasvandesire at Citysearch on Jun 27th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Excellent Job on a delicate condition  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2011

My husband had melanoma cancer on his face and it was removed and he had over 60 stitches. We contacted Dr. Moynihan to repair it and we are just amazed at what he did. Only if I really scrutinize am I able to follow some kind of line where the surgical procedure was done. It was an excellent job. Weve had doctors say things like, Wow. And people that have known that Joel had the surgery, they even ask, Well, has he had the surgery? My husband was very proud of how things went. He does have Parkinsons dementia, so he was apprehensive about the whole thing, but after it was all over he would recommend Dr. Moynihan. His bedside manner was fantastic. He would show my husband where he was going to be doing the surgery and I felt like I was talking with a personal family member. He took as much time to explain things to us and we werent rushed in and out. He did call us the next day to make sure that everything was ok, which was a plus. Hes a very qualified physician and I cant say enough about him.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Moynihan did my rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting to the tip. I had a previous surgery before and my nose was collapsing from that previous surgery, so I really didnt have much of a profile, so to speak. What stood out for me, the huge difference, is the way my nose looks. That was the main thing that was good. I am really happy with my profile now. This is a very friendly office and I got a very positive experience. Considering I am going for a surgery and revision, and one surgery did not turn out well, it gave me a huge cause for concern to go for a second one, but Dr. Moynihan put away all my fears because he did a really good job. He has personality, he is a very good doctor, very professional. He explains procedures in terms that you could understand, instead of throwing all these medical mumbo-jumbo. And he has just an overall good personality, he is handsome too. It exceeded my expectations.

|  I did my research and he was the best prepared  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

I picked Dr. Moynihan for rhinoplasty not only because of his credentials, but because his results, his website gallery, looked so good. He is an ENT doctor, so he specializes on the face. So for someone else considering a nose job or anything, thats a plus. He explains to you whats going to happen and what you should expect, all the little details so I was ready and that was good. It was really smooth.The recovery was very easy, it was very good for me. In fact, I went back to work a week later. The results are better than what I expected. People dont even know I had it done. It looks natural, but it looks good, very good. He is excellent. I would definitely recommend him.

|  YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS WITH DR. GEORGE MOYNIHAN  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

I would refer Dr. George Moynihan to others in a heartbeat. He is kind and gentle; with a good sense of humor and knows exactly what he is doing.When he first examined my nose, he told me what to expect. He made me feel at ease; I knew I could easily trust him.For the procedure, I received a general anesthetic, I remember the anesthesiologist saying, You are going to go out in a few seconds, and I did. I did not wake up during surgery. After my surgery, Dr. Moynihan was really, really thorough he provided step-by-step directions of what to expect. Everything went accordingly.He did a great job. He is conservative and it looks natural. It looks better and really good. I'm sorry I did not do it earlier. You are in good hands with him.

|  Very knowledgeable  |  show details
by Beckyalma at Citysearch on Feb 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Before seeing Dr Moynihan, I had researched other plastic surgeons online. I decided to go Dr. Moynihan because his before and after photos looked best. And I am glad I did! I knew Dr. Moynihan had my best interest in mind by the way he spoke to me. He seemed to always know what he was doing. My nose job looks great! I would definitely refer Dr. Moynihan

|  Very knowledgeable  |  show details
by Beckyalma at Citysearch on Feb 7th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  Great Care  |  show details
by d.dickler on Feb 2nd, 2011

Dr. Moynihan is kind, personable, gentle and sympathetic. I have a low pain threshold so Dr. Moynihan is always very accommodating with any pain medication or creams that I might need. He is just wonderful. His staff is professional, knowledgeable and FANTASTIC

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by ddickler at Citysearch on Feb 2nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had Botox and Restylane fillers done to make my face look a little more youthful. Dr. Moynihan did an excellent job! I am very impressed by his expertise and also the fact that he only handles faces. He does not try to do everything else like most of the doctors. He specializes in one thing and he sticks with what he specializes in. That was very impressive to me.

|  Research, It Makes a Difference, I Did!  |  show details
by Gk606 at Citysearch on Oct 26th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have the inside scoop and I feel like I should give that to other people ... Dr. Moynihan is known throughout the WORLD! I feel really luck to have worked with him that is why I had a Rhinoplasty done with him... He will be honest with you and won`t just put some nose that you pick out of a magazine on your face - just because that`s what you ask him to do because if its not going to look good on you, he won`t. He has a lot of integrity as a surgeon and skill. The bedside manner is a bonus, he`s also specialized in everything from the neck up and he does it really really well! - My advise, to other people is to research the person you are going to have do your surgery because that is the most important thing. It makes such a difference!

|  They Treat You Like Family!  |  show details
by DDin04 on Sep 9th, 2010

I must say; Dr. Moynihan is kind, personable, gentle and sympathetic. He is just wonderful and the office staff is hand-picked, professional, knowledgeable and FANTASTIC.. (No, Im not related to his office staff LOL)

|  A Good Fit  |  show details
by rb44 on Sep 9th, 2010

I had rhinoplasty and I was a little apprehensive. My nose was broken years ago. Dr. Moynihan graciously met with us. Once I met with him, he was personable, had a sense of humor, very thorough and competent. I thought it was a good fit.His staff was very nice and the office comfortable and pleasing to the eye. Not threatening or too serious.When I prepped for surgery, I remember the nurses saying, they were impressed with his professionalism and the outcome of all of his patients. They also said he was nice and said he was cute too, good looking. Hearing that was reassuring and made me feel at ease. He gave me a step by step so we knew what to expect.With his follow up calls after surgery and my visits, everything went accordingly.The recovery was painful but with the medication it was not bad. Everything he told me that would happen did happen and he just kept reassuring me that this is normal. I had no problems. I am very happy with the results.

|  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

I had surgery on my nose many years ago and it was a bad job. I lived with that for 27 years. I went to see Dr. Moynihan and he worked me in very nicely to his busy schedule. He explained everything very clearly about what needs to be done in my circumstances and what he could do. He took pictures and showed me what they would look like. During the surgery his staff was wonderful. Everybody was very helpful. The staff took care of all the financial billing and all of that so that we did not have any worries.I had the surgery. I recuperated very well. There was virtually no pain with recovery. We had medications for that and I took very little of it. So far it has been one year as of July 1st and I am pleased with the results. The office is lovely. They are not overly crowded and seem almost like it is private. I felt very welcomed, very comfortable. They were just very courteous, polite and friendly as was Dr. Moynihan.I would say that Dr. Moynihan was very, very frank about what needed to be done and what the procedure would be like and what his thoughts were so I felt like I knew exactly what his concerns were and what he thought he could do. On the other hand he also gave me the impression that he could do it and make me happy with the results. He was very professional and very skilled. That was my impression.The initial recovery took a little longer. For me, I am older. I was 58 when I had the surgery and he did warn that it might take a little longer for me to recover, which it did. I felt great, felt fine, could do whatever but I had bruising and swelling for quite a bit longer than I thought I might but everything eventually panned out and it looks quite nice now.I have recommended him to several people over the year.