Surgical Specialist, Urologists
Carolina Urological Assoc Pa
140 Kimel Park Dr
Winston Salem, NC 27103
336-245-2100
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Good technical sound doctor  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2012

I have had a number of kidney stones and Dr. Newsome has given me all of the pertinent information to determine a course of treatment. All have resolved successfully.

|  Excellent physician!  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

I

|  Deserve Better!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

Dr. Newsome waited until PSA was up to 10 to recommend biopsy. He then called over a week later to report that cancer was found - said he would call back to make an appt. to discuss results and treatment options. Ten days later we called - had to wait 4 more days for an appt. - made a point of telling us how many patients he had to see each day (18 in one morning!) He was condescending and would only discuss treatments that he could provide - could not comment on newest treatments we had researched. Medical records falsified to indicate thorough physicals which in reality were 5 minute rectal exams. We went to Duke for second opinion from team of surgeon, radiologist, medical oncologist - outstanding professionalism and care. Dr. Newsome is an embarrassment to the medical profession!

|  show details
Feb 26th, 2011

Very disappointed in this person, I won't say dr, had to have invasive surgery do to his treatment. Very bad bed side mannier.......

|  Excellent diagnosis and follow-up  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

I had several large kidney stones. Dr. Newsome was able to use lithotripsy and completely clear my kidney of stones. He was very good at sharing the diagnotic x-rays with me and go over my condition. He was not over bearing, gave me the information and let me make an informed decision regarding my treatment.

|  show details
May 3rd, 2009

Dr Newsome DID NOT cure my condition. Had to go to another Urologist for help. He was cocky and arrogant to an extent. Did not want to try other things for a cure. Other urologist cured on my second visit with him. The second urologist was very humble and much better experienced.