A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Northrup:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Northrup is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Northrup
Schizophrenia Patient Education Schizophrenia patient education guide explains how this brain disorder affects behavior and lists symptoms and treatments.Before Visiting Dr. Northrup Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Northrup, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Northrup graduated from University of South Florida Health, Tampa. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Northrup has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Tampa General Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Tampa General Healthplan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Michael Northrup MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. George M. Northrup practice?
- Dr. George Northrup has 4 office locations.
Dr. George Northrup practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Tampa, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Saint Petersburg, FL.
See Tampa Psychiatrists.