A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Northrup:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Northrup is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Northrup
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Northrup Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Northrup, MD is board certified in Forensic Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Northrup graduated from University of South Florida Health, Tampa. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Northrup has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Tampa General Hospital
- Memorial Hospital of Tampa
- Tampa General Healthplan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Michael Northrup MD is a male Forensic Psychiatrist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. George M. Northrup practice?
- Dr. George Northrup has 1 office location.
Dr. George Northrup practices Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry near Tampa, FL.
See Tampa Psychiatrists.