A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Ortiz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Ortiz is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ortiz
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Ortiz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Ortiz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ortiz graduated from University of Puerto Rico, San Juan.
Dr. Ortiz has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Heartland Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Ortiz MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. George Ortiz practice?
- Dr. George Ortiz has 1 office location.
Dr. George Ortiz practices Ophthalmology near Metropolis, IL.
See Metropolis Ophthalmologists.