A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Ortiz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Ortiz, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ortiz graduated from University of Puerto Rico, San Juan.
Dr. Ortiz has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital
- Heartland Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ortiz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Medical Plans - 4 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George G. Ortiz practice?
Dr. George Ortiz practices Ophthalmology near Marion, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Du Quoin, IL and Carbondale, IL.
See Marion Ophthalmologists.