A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Matthews:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Matthews is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Matthews, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Matthews graduated from Medical College of Ohio, Toledo.
Dr. Matthews has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
- Harris Methodist H E B
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Philip Matthews MD and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. George P. Matthews practice?
- Dr. George Matthews has 3 office locations.
Dr. George Matthews practices Ophthalmology near Fort Worth, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Arlington, TX and Dallas, TX.
See Fort Worth Ophthalmologists.