Sports Medicine Specialist, Orthopedic Surgeons
13151 Magisterial Dr
# 200
Louisville, KY 40223
502-587-1236
Locations and availability (5)

|  knee replacement  |  show details
by gloria parrish on Nov 18th, 2013

Dr. Popham did my knee replacement in February on 2011. I was impressed with the knowledge and kindness that was shown by him. He treated me, did my surgery an sent me to rehab which was the best thing he could have done. I appreciate the speed in which I was treated. He treated me like I was the only patient he had. My knee healed great an if I ever need a orthopedic surgeon's he would be the only one I would see.

|  Recommended  |  show details
by WH on Feb 20th, 2013

I've never had Dr. Popham for surgery or any long term conditions so I can't comment on that. However, I've seen him at least 4 times over the last many years for several different problems. His bedside manner is great - very personable and willing to actively listen to your problems. His diagnoses have been spot on for me so far. The office is very nice with a great staff and all the facilities at the location - from MRI to rehab.

by Mary Stotts on Jan 17th, 2013

Aug 28th, 2011

I will never know if Dr. Popham's original diagnosis of a torn rotator cuff and his recommendation for surgery was correct. Although Dr. Popham was originally very sure of his diagnosis and his success with my first surgery he became frustated with me as a patient after months of being unable to discover the source of my continued pain. I originally had rotator cuff repair but about two months after my surgery when I was able to start using the shoulder more normally I started having pain in my shoulder again. It was a different pain that I originally had and it took months to convince him that my shoulder and not my neck was the cause of my pain. He finally agreed to go back in my shoulder and during this surgery he discovered a new source of my pain and repaired it. Although the excruciating pain that I had became much more tolerable after the second surgery, pain continued. After many more months he gave me an additional diagnosis and sent me on to another specialist. I have burning pain in my shoulder every day. My shoulder pain now limits me in doing things such as gardening and bicycling and prevents me from even trying the things I used to enjoy such as skiing and tubing. The pain I have now is different than when I first started hurting. I sometimes feel that something else happened during one of those surgeries but I will never know.

Jul 13th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Popham to anyone needing a good ortho. He truly cares about his patients.

|  Fabulous Doctor  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2010

Dr. Popham is a great doctor. He was polite and courteous. He worked very hard to diagnosis and treat my condition. I would recommend him to anyone.