Dr. George Popham MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 3rd, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Popham is a wonderful doctor. His diagnosis was right on track. I had frozen shoulder. PT was not working as well as needed. He did athroscopic surgery and manipulation under anesthesia. I am still doing PT, but am very much better. He helped a great deal with my pain from my first visit. Very kind and answers all my questions.

March 10th, 2015
He is a wonderful doctor.

February 20th, 2013
Recommended
I've never had Dr. Popham for surgery or any long term conditions so I can't comment on that. However, I've seen him at least 4 times over the last many years for several different problems. His bedside manner is great - very personable and willing to actively listen to your problems. His diagnoses have been spot on for me so far. The office is very nice with a great staff and all the facilities at the location - from MRI to rehab.

August 28th, 2011
I will never know if Dr. Popham's original diagnosis of a torn rotator cuff and his recommendation for surgery was correct. Although Dr. Popham was originally very sure of his diagnosis and his success with my first surgery he became frustated with me as a patient after months of being unable to discover the source of my continued pain. I originally had rotator cuff repair but about two months after my surgery when I was able to start using the shoulder more normally I started having pain in my shoulder again. It was a different pain that I originally had and it took months to convince him that my shoulder and not my neck was the cause of my pain. He finally agreed to go back in my shoulder and during this surgery he discovered a new source of my pain and repaired it. Although the excruciating pain that I had became much more tolerable after the second surgery, pain continued. After many more months he gave me an additional diagnosis and sent me on to another specialist. I have burning pain in my shoulder every day. My shoulder pain now limits me in doing things such as gardening and bicycling and prevents me from even trying the things I used to enjoy such as skiing and tubing. The pain I have now is different than when I first started hurting. I sometimes feel that something else happened during one of those surgeries but I will never know.

July 13th, 2011
I would highly recommend Dr. Popham to anyone needing a good ortho. He truly cares about his patients.

November 27th, 2010
Fabulous Doctor
Dr. Popham is a great doctor. He was polite and courteous. He worked very hard to diagnosis and treat my condition. I would recommend him to anyone.

April 11th, 2017