General Practitioner, Internists, Pediatrician

1701 E South Blvd
Suite 250
Rochester, MI 48307
248-293-1002
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Impressed to not impressed very quickly  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2013

Dr. Popp was very personable and made me feel totally comfortable. He took the time to listen to all my symptoms and did not rush me in the slightest. He did a CBC and tested me for a virus. I was very happy with him until my initial blood work came back normal (The Dr himself followed up very promptly with the results). He wanted to take a "wait and see" approach even though I had been having symptoms for months. I asked if we could run more tests like the autoimmune blood work and he said "I could run a million tests but that's not what you have". When I insisted I was given a referral to a Rhuematologist without any additional blood work being ran. The next week I went to my ENT for a checkup and told him my symptoms of ongoing joint and muscle pain. He was shocked that I was not tested for autoimmune markers. So my ENT ran the blood work and sure enough I was positive for RH factor. I guess I would have expected my internist to run those tests instead of an ear nose and throat doctor. I felt like he brushed my symptoms off and didn't want to put any additional effort into finding out where my pain was coming from. He would probably make a great primary care physician for colds and what not but I would not recommend him for anything that may involve follow up testing and diagnostic ability.

|  New address  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2011

Dr. George Christopher Popp1701 E South Blvd #250Rochester Hills, MI 48307248 293-1002With him since he started. Find him easy to talk to, enjoys open discussions about the issues at hand. Medicine is not black or white. I'm too sad he moved, would like to have know about his move sooner. Had a very hard time getting through to his new office, phone was ringing busy all morning yesterday, I thought it was very strange. Will see him tomorrow.

by ECM on Aug 22nd, 2011

Dr. Popp has been treating my family since my oldest was born (10.5 years ago). He is knowledgable, professional, and caring. My kids adore him, he makes them laugh and is very patient. Dr. Popp is very good about drawing them out, making them comfortable, and answering my questions. I've never felt rushed by him. I highly recommend him.

|  patient for 10 years  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I am disappointed to see Dr. Popp moving across town -- but I highly recommend him! He likes to think "outside the box" (very dry humor), but that is exactly what makes him a great doctor -- he will look beyond what many physicians see as "obvious" to what is accurate. A good example of Dr Popp's approach: Instead of blowing off a lump on my neck as a "lymph node that will go down on its own" he ordered a test because he knew I had a family history of lymphatic cancer. My test was benign, but I didn't have to wait for weeks to know that. In other words, he treated the "worry" part of me, as well as the physical part of me.

|  I still believe he is a good doctor  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

For the person that left the last statement about Dr. Popp...maybe you should get the full story before jumping to conclusions...Dr. Popp is an excellent Doctor and I wish him the best where ever he ends up.

Jul 7th, 2011

I used to think that he was an excellent physician. However recently he walked away from his practice without any notice to his patients what so ever. What kind of professional doesn't care about his patients that have counted on him for year?!?!

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

He has been my family physician since 2004. I had been seeing other doctors & was getting blown off as a hypochondriac. Dr. Popp listened to my heart & was able to hear what five others hadn't~ I was 34 & in congestive heart failure (diagnosed by cardiologist). He sent me to a cardiologist (that he called & told them I was coming) & I was diagnosed with an ASD. After my surgery, my cardiologists told me I probably wouldn't have made it 3 months if we hadn't discovered the ASD. Popp has seen me through the births of my 2 children & their issues as well. He has a pretty dry sense of humor & likes to tease, which I happen to love, because at least I know that I can say anything to this man. Every once & while I get a little crazy & worried about my health or the health of one of my family members & he never blows it off. He always is thorough & investigates or orders the appropriate tests...If there were more like him out there, we all would be much better off.

|  I don't recommend Dr. Popp!I  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

I've been seeing him about three years and I thought that he was a great family doctor. But recently, I had a serious side effects by one of medication that he prescribed. I had to call the office and the reply was he doesn't want to get involved. This doctor only want to care of healthy patients and if you get sick of something because of him, he doesn't want to get involve what so ever.

by Sandra McKee,RN on Oct 1st, 2010

Always able to get in when sick, and office is speedy not a very long wait ever.

Jul 6th, 2010

While Dr. Popp is both a professional and talented internist, he is also able to put patients at ease through humor and wit. Dr. Popp's warm and easy going manner is greatly appreciated, as is his prompt and reliable follow-up.

|  Awesome Doctor!!  |  show details
by Dr. Popp Patient on May 24th, 2010

Dr. Popp is an incredible doctor and person! He really knows his stuff and takes care to listen to his patients. He is smart and has a great personality and bedside manner. My entire family sees Dr. Popp, including my two minor children. I would trust Dr. Popp with anything.

|  A Real Great Guy!  |  show details
by Jacqueline on Oct 23rd, 2009

Dr. Popp is a "real" person, doesn't treat you like a dollar sign. He's funny and makes you feel comfortable. He gives you all the time you need..even if it's just to talk. He is very knowledgable and compassionate.I highly recommend him!

Oct 8th, 2009

Dr Popp has a wonderful bedside manner and I have recommended him to all my family and friends