A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Puente:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Puente is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Puente graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans.
Dr. Puente has 7 hospital affiliations:
- West Jefferson Medical Center
- Touro Infirmary
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Richard Puente MD is a male Internist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. George R. Puente practice?
- Dr. George Puente has 3 office locations.
Dr. George Puente practices Gastroenterology near Metairie, LA.
Additional practice locations include: New Orleans, LA.
See Metairie Gastroenterologists.