Dr. George Reiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 29th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Reiss's for 9 years and have had cataracts done on both eyes. Now he has dropped me as a patient after waiting two months for an appt. I get a call that he won't see me anymore. This isn't a medical practice anymore, it is a place where they see as many people as possible and don't really care about quality of care. I am having an eye issue and will be shopping for a new doctor.

July 7th, 2016
mr
I had only one eye due to glaucoma. he performed surgery on my only good eye and pressure went from 25 to the low teens I have been seeing him for over 20yrs. and without his help I would be blind now. THE BEST OPTOMOLOGEST IN THE WORLD.

April 8th, 2016
This is an extremely high volume practice. A very very large staff to support the doctor which enables him to move rapidly between patients. Staff perform many of the tests to free the doctor from having to spend too much time with you. Over the many years I have seen Dr. Reiss I have begun to grow increasingly uncomfortable with this.

September 8th, 2015
Very Poor Practices
I have had surgery for a detached retina, several laser surgeries, glaucoma, optic nerve stroke, cataracts, and lens implants. Although Dr. Reiss may be a good surgeon he is a very poor ophthalmologist. Even with only one good eye and glaucoma Dr. Reiss has decided I only need to see him 1 time a year to measure my pressure. When my yearly appointment came due he decided he did not need to see me and decided I could see his optometrist for my "yearly" checkup. That was it for me. Unless you need some serious surgery this doctor is too good to treat you or to even give the impression that he serious about taking care of you. Beware and find another good Ophthalmologist. I did and I am extremely happy and getting treated properly.

August 17th, 2015
a Year of Misery Following Cataract Surgery
This Dr., his staff, etc. need to have better schedulers, who do not send to the closest off ice, but the one with the equipment needed for diagnosis., especially since all appts seem to take 4-5 hours. They need to educate the patient better, and listen.

May 25th, 2015
Great Doctor, Long Wait.
Dr. Reiss is an excellent optimologist . Diagnosis & treatment haalways been correct. Staff is couteous & efficient. The waiting room time is usually short but with the treatment process with wait times between procedures is long causing one to be in the office several hours. If one needs a designated driver that becomes an issue due to the long process.