inactive

George Ruggiero DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 26th, 2016
Great office
I've been to both of their locations they are great. Staff and all. Never met dr reggiero but heard he's a great dr. Dr Chen who's in mannerville is wonderful. I've seen Danielle in the shoram office I love her. And I've seen James and Liz in the mannerville office they are wonderful too. I suffer from Fibre myalgia and insomnia they hv helped so much. Def a Drs group I'll stick with :)

April 15th, 2016
This is the worst run Drs office I have ever been to. You can never get an appointment, after almost 15 years I am now looking for a new primary care doctor. I made an appointment almost 3 weeks ago, I changed 2 other appointments just to see Danielle, when I got there and waited at least 20 minutes I was called up to the desk and the receptionist said she called my house yesterday and whoever she spoke to said they no longer needed the appointment, now I don't know who she spoke to, but, it wasn't me. Don't you ask for the patient ? She said maybe she had the wrong number, the bottom line is I was told I no longer has an appointment and couldn't be seen. Who does that??? I waited all this time , I didn't make the mistake. I was treated awful, I will never go back. After all these years, I should have been seen, now I have to find a new Dr. Some day this will come back to this office, they don't know how to treat people.

November 24th, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr Ruggiero is a great doctor he listens and tries to accommodate to the best of his ability.

October 16th, 2015
The best doctor fo rme
I have been going to Dr. Ruggiero for 6 years since moving to Suffolk County and had been to several doctors looking for a primary care doctor I really like. I was his patient since the first time I met him. His staff is the best and they take care of my every need and if I can't see the doctor because of my work hours, I see one of his PAs and they are excellent. So happy I found Doctor Ruggiero and his staff.

October 15th, 2015
the whole office is great. been going there for about 8 years

October 2nd, 2015
I saw him after I completed a course of antibiotics for Lyme and was not feeling better. Dr. Reggerio put me on a protocol of antibiotics and supplements for an extended period of time and 4 months later I was back to normal. I highly recommend Dr. Reggerio.

August 25th, 2015
not a go-to for Lyme. should not be on ILADS list. Not a real LLMD.
I went to him for Lyme and Bartonella only because he accepted insurance, as I had been out of work for over a year due to being progressively ill, and had no money for high-priced Lyme doctors. He failed to make a clinical diagnosis that was more than obvious of a Bartonella infection. I had almost every symptom, yet he insisted on waiting for test results. I kept getting sicker and sicker. I met with his PA and begged for medication to treat the Bartonella, and was refused. The Bartonella infection then fully emanated into my brain, causing a raging brain infection, causing me to almost crash my vehicle, and I had just days to live. I almost died, save for a Nurse Practitioner who was a friend of my family, who called in a prescription for Levaquin. Within four days I was much better, and was then able to find a moderately- priced Lyme doctor in another state, who saved my life by making a clinical diagnosis of both Lyme and Bartonella on the first visit, and I also walked out of his office with the medications needed to save my life, and hopefully allow me to get my life back at some point in the future. He may be a good PCP and FCP, but he does not have the time to devote to researching, diagnosing and treating complex, serious, life-altering and life-threatening diseases like Lyme, Babesia and Bartonella. The few times I met with him I felt rushed, and got the feeling he was not listening to everything I was trying to tell him, and that his heart was not in my case, or in me as a very sick patient.

July 17th, 2015
?
Sorry, not to go off on too much of a tangent, but anyone, particularly an adult, with a fever of 104, belongs in the emergency room on IV fluids, and being evaluated to rule out conditions like meningitis and sepsis, for starters - not at a doctor's office, where nothing can be done for you.

March 14th, 2015
He treats me for lyme disease and he is an EXCELLENT doctor who truly cares!

August 24th, 2013
Lymes disease
No ifs, ands or buts about it, Dr Ruggiero and his NP's saved my life. Went from Dr. to Dr. with each one shrugging their shoulders. Couldn't keep my eyes open, blistering headaches, numbness in face, joint pain, low grade fevers, weight loss, tremors and shocks that felt like I was being hit with a cattle prod. They tested, listened, treated me, and I got better. I still deal with some of the effects of this horrible disease but they manage my care. I have my life back

March 11th, 2013
A doctor who listens!
I have been going to Dr. Ruggerio for 6 years. He always listens patiently and answers all your questions. You never feel rushed! I have had minor medical issues but I am always confident with his diagnosis and I never leave wishing I had asked a few. Ore questions.

March 8th, 2013
I am not sure why the below stated that they couldn't get an appointment for a physical; I have never had any problems and believe me I would wait the 2 months to get into this office! Dr.Ruggiero and his staff go beyond any other office I have ever vistied.