Overall Review

3.9

October 24th, 2016
Exceptional Physician
I have been a patient of Dr Sack over 20 years. Saved my life by diagnosing cancer very early (had been missed by mother physicians). Over the years I have referred rare medical cases to him & although he does not perform miracles and was not able to help some patients, all my friends have been satisfied. I normally do not write reviews but saw some negative reviews that I thought were unfounded based on my experience. He is not only my doctor now but also my friend. The assessment as to how he treats women in my opinion is false.

October 14th, 2015
Terrific medical experience, prompt attention and virtually immediate response.

July 18th, 2014
I went to see Dr. Sack when I was having severe symptoms. I needed him to help me find out what was causing these symptoms and refer me to the appropriate specialist. In the end, all he did was suggest that I see a psychiatrist. Very disappointing experience. I found him difficult to talk to and the previous comment is spot on: if you are a woman, don't expect your complaints to be taken seriously.

February 20th, 2014
thorough
Myself, my brother the patient, and his son just left your office this afternoon pleased with the nice words and assurance you gave us. Never have I seen my brother so happy, relaxed and confident of his well being as today. We all are impressed with the thorough check up you do for your patients and the time you spent with my brother. Thank you so deeply so much. Hoping to meet you again.

February 6th, 2014
Very cold and demeaning
Terrible bedside manner. He came across as a very angry and bitter old man. Extremely poor and inaccurate diagnosis and very argumentative. Terribly conceded. My experience with him was horrific and if I could give him 0 stars I would. He gives Johns Hopkins a bad name. Hard to believe a doctor this incompetent is at one of the best hospitals in the country.

August 28th, 2013
knowlegable
Dr. Sack really knows his stuff. He spent more time with me than any other doc ever has and has a supurb bedside manner. Highly recommend. He is a great diagnostician but his staff will also put together a comprehensive well visit that i think includes a number of appointments on one day. Maybe i'll do that type of program when Im well again. He doesn't take insurance but it's worth every penny.

July 31st, 2012
spends time with me and has very strong bedside manners

July 16th, 2012
Rude, hates women, hostile
He is one or the rudest people I have ever met. He especially seems to have hosile feelings towards women. He is also not very knowledgable about various medical issues but acts like a know it all even though he's clueless.

July 12th, 2011
Dr. Sack is the first (of many!) physicians I've seen who has not made me feel like he was anxious to get me out the door. He listened to me in great detail and just really put a lot of thought into my case...I was with him for about 2 1/2 hours and left with high hopes that he would be the doc who could finally figure out what's going on with me. We're still trying to get to the bottom of it, but have made a lot of headway, at least in ruling out some things. He has sent me to a few other specialists within the Hopkins system and so far, is doing a great job at managing my care.

July 1st, 2010
I will never go anywhere else!
I was somewhat uneasy at the prospect of Johns Hopkins. It just seemed overwhelming and I dind't even know where to start. From the moment I contacted Dr. Sack's office I felt very much at ease, and was instantly reassured I had made the right decision when Dr. Sack walked into the room. He is so pleasant and kind, I couldn't believe this was the same man I read the other review about. He spent more time than any other physician ever has with me, and asked important questions about my medical history that no one has ever thought to ask before. He referred me to other physicians within the Hopkins system and, after reviewing the other specialists' reports, he was able to look at the big picture and finally come up with a diagnosis that I've spent years trying to get. I can't thank him enough. I had planned to follow-up with my local physician, however after being with Dr. Sack I am not very interested in what these folks here have to say or what they think about anything medical. In a word; I am now spoiled.

March 23rd, 2010
Obscenely Obscelete
Not only does he not accept insurance, but he oversees all the referrals for the genetics department at JHU. He was sent my chart ahead of time and knew that I have a genetic disorder that one of his colleagues specializes in. He however, did not refer me to him and gave me incorrect information about it. He promised us that he would look at all my symptoms that no one else could figure out and try to come up with some ideas; instead he lectured me on the evils of a medicine that my body doesn't produce naturally and that I literally couldn't live without. He told me that I should never have been put on it period and that I needed to get off of it period despite my objections that I would not be able to finish school without it and when I asked what I should do to make it through school when I am vomiting constantly and unable to control my body temperature he said that he didn't care and it wasn't his problem. On top of that he has yet to review my MRI as promised and when we finally got a letter reviewing my appointment it had a lot of incorrect information on it. That wasn't terribly surprising though, as he couldn't remember what questions he had asked and got incredible agitated when I corrected his faulty repetitions of what I said. All in all don't waste your time with him.

May 9th, 2008
Knowledge and Art of Being a Physician
Dr. George H. Sack, Jr., has the rare gift of a physician who not only has superbly skillful knowledge and application of medicine and genetics, but also has the "art of being a physician." He listens carefully to the patient and is completely thorough in his approach to solving your medical problem. Occasionally, he fortunately discovers a problem you did not know you had. He knows exactly where to refer a patient, should more expertise with a problem be required. He is very detailed and encompasses all facets of one's medical makeup. Very often, these complicated aspects are all interrelated. He is highly regarded by all who know him. He has recently written a book on genetics, "USMLE Road Map Genetics," published in 2008. His first book in 2000 was "Medical Genetics." He has published over 100 papers in his career. He is very interested in the arts, including opera, classical music, painting, architecture, sculpture, and is generally very well versed in many areas. He plays both piano and organ. He is an outstanding physician, to which thousands of his patients will attest.