Dr. George Salti MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 26th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Salti is wonderful. He is a terrific doctor and his staff is great. I traveled 45 minutes to be treated by him and would recommend him highly. Both Dr. Salti and his staff are caring and you will be treated great.

September 30th, 2014
Pancreatic Whipple Surgery
The diagnosis of any cancer is scary and very nerve racking to anyone. Dr. Salti is the best thing to happen to Edward Hospital. On our first meeting he was pleasant, calm and informed me of what was to take place with the whipple surgery. Most of all Dr. Salti did not rush us with any of our concerns and took his time with me and my family. His staff was great and courteous and kind. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Salti. His bedside manor was super and his concern for me was out of the ordinary. He is very much hands on and you felt like you were his only patient. It has been one year since the surgery and I am doing good. Thank you Dr. Salti for your kindness, skill, knowledge and your overall calmness and helping us through a most difficult time. You never want to hear the word cancer but if you do you are in great hands with Dr. Salti and you can feel very secure in his treatment and his kind heart!

January 24th, 2014
Excellent Doctor- Dr. Salti
Dr. Salti is an excellent surgeon. He did a very good surgery onto me and he is a very nice person. He is very experienced and treat patient very well.

February 15th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Salti is a great doctor! I am glad I found a great doctor like him who takes good care of their patients!

April 4th, 2010
George C
I came to Dr. Salti from out of State and after several surgeons including those at major university center told me I had no hope. Well, that was three years ago and I continue to follwup with Dr. salti. He is affable and always available. His staff is superb. I am fortunate to have Dr. Salti as my surgeon.

April 2nd, 2010
my go-to hero!
I am blessed to have been under the care of Dr Salti. A rarity. I am 60 years old and have met with at least a dozen doctors and surgeons over the years in chicago and elsewhere, and I can attest that Dr salti is a pleasant and blessed rarity. When times of stress and need demand a perfectionist and prompt diagnosis, I will seek only Dr Salti. He is and will continue to be my go-to doc! Thank you!

March 23rd, 2010
Really a piece of work
Some of the worst bedside manner i have ever come across, especially for someone in his field. he was impatient and treated me as if i were not worth his time. his inability to relate to me was obvious from the start, and i could tell immediately that he wanted nothing to do with me. I am more concerned now with my own private physician for ever recommending him. please, take this review seriously, and seek out another doctor if you are in need of help. he will only leave you feeling worse. i could only imagine how it would be for someone who had a much more serious concern than i had.

February 9th, 2010
Wonderful caring doctor
Dr. Salti diagnosed my GERD after years of emergency room visits and little follow up by other physicians. He's a great surgeon, has a great bed side manner and I would recommend him to anyone with GI issues.

March 11th, 2009
The Best There Is!!!
I love this guy and his staff. The care I received from this group is probably the best I have ever had. When his staff found out I had cancer, they made my appointment in two days and I had surgery a week later. For my follow up, his nurse came out to the waiting room, and greeted me with a hug. His entire staff and his co-surgeons are all like this. Surgery is never fun, but to the extent that one would need surgery, I feel very lucky to have found this group!!

February 12th, 2009
Rare in a surgeon
I have had 3 major surgeries and 2 surgical procedures performed by Dr. Salti, and I can not say enough about his manner and care of me before and after (I assume during too, but you know, I was asleep) each procedure. He even showed up unbidden at the ER one night when I went in for pain. Though he was not on call and was at home, he came in because he wanted to trust me to his own hands, as he put it. Because of my cancer treatment experience, I happened to spend a lot of time in the hospital...Dr. Salti often came by just to say hello and check up on me.Believe me, folks, that kind of care and attention from a surgeon outside of the OR is indeed rare.