A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Shapiro is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shapiro
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shapiro Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Shapiro, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla.
Dr. Shapiro has 5 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Lawrence Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Craig Shapiro MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. George C. Shapiro practice?
- Dr. George Shapiro has 1 office location.
Dr. George Shapiro practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Scarsdale, NY.
See Scarsdale Internists and Scarsdale Cardiologists.