A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Shires:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Shires is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shires
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shires Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Shires, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Abdominal Injuries
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Bacterial Infections
- Body Weight
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- E.Coli (Escherichia coli Infections)
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Thoracic Injuries
- Traumatic Shock
- Wound Infection
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Shires graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Shires has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Thomas Shires MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. George T. Shires practice?
- Dr. George Shires has 1 office location.
Dr. George Shires practices Surgery near Dallas, TX.
See Dallas Surgeons.