Dr. George Shires III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Shires III?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 23rd, 2015

Dr. Shires saved my life. His diagnosis and surgical skills are the best. He is straight to the point but you know he cares. He is the best.

October 28th, 2013

Emergency surgery

Excellent staff, hospital & Doctor. Great recommendation.

September 25th, 2013

Office staff took time over phone to explain process, Dr Shires was wonderful.

January 31st, 2013

Easy access to the office. Went to see the doctor with what I was told an awful diagnosis and left there with good news. No surgery for me needed but Imhad had to pick a surgeon this would be my Dr. I found the office staff to be very friendly,talkative trying to make me relax. Good atmosphere.

August 19th, 2012

Excellent Dr

Went to see Dr Shires with some grim news. Admitted me from his office for emergency surgery. His staff made all the arrangements for me and it could not have been an easier process. Dr. Shires helped me through a difficult time and I can say today I am doing great.

August 15th, 2012

After such a long wait to see the Dr. he came in and suddenly we forgot how late he was running. I know if I was that patient in the hospital he would be there taking care of me, and as it turned out I was and he was there with me. My experience with his nurse was kind and efficient to the last detail. On occasion it was necessary for me to see his partners and they were just as thorough.

July 30th, 2012

He was very kind, thorough, and patient. He was very good at explaining everything to me and my family. He came highly recommended and I am so glad we made the call. I would definitely go to him first if I ever needed more surgery.

July 25th, 2012

Dr Shires very nice, treated me well, office staff very nice and helpful with scheduling surgery. My outcome was good.

May 21st, 2012

Great Dr., Poor Staff

I agree with other reviewers that Melinda demonstrates little concern for patients, and expends only minimal effort to accomodate thier needs. Calls to Melinda often are not promptly returned. Waiting time to see Dr. Sires is sometimes lengthy, but when the Dr. comes in he takes whatever time is needed to thoroughly explain the patient's condition and address questions and concerns. This is much better than quickly rushing in and disappearing as many doctors do. Dr. Shires explanations are related in "shirt sleeve english" rather than using a lot of medical jargon that I can't comprehend. I've seen Doctor Shires multiple times in recent years for an ongoing pancreas condition. I feel there isn't a more qualified physician/surgeon anywhere. While I've experienced frustration with his staff, I trust Dr. Shires completely.

February 3rd, 2012

Worth the wait!

I am not one to wait on a doctor it this ones well worth it. He saved my life after getting a horrible diagnosis of pancreas cancer. He never made me feel rushed even though I knew he had many hospital patients. His office staff was very helpful.

September 12th, 2011

Excellent doctor, worth the wait, staff very helpful and courteous.

August 19th, 2011

EXCELLENT SURGEON!!!

Truly believe he saved my life! The entire time I was in the hosp. he came by daily to check on me. I have never had a more caring, professional doctor! I would recommend him to anyone needing his services (without any reservations whatsoever!)