inactive

George D Soncrant DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 5th, 2016
controlling and crosses the boundaries to uncomfortable level. He prescribes so many mediations.

March 13th, 2015
soncrant should have license taken away
This psychiatrist is very demeaning. The last time I was hospitalized, he walked through the clinic and stated its Memorial Day, I don't need to be here with these loons. That was my first very bad experience I had with him. Once I was released, and had to come back due to me being over medicated. I had a rough weekend and did some stuff that was not drug related but for fun me and several friends got tattoos and piercings...after seeing the physician at the clinic, George asked me to take off my shirt to see if my piercings were OK. I felt very uncomfortable. I do NOT recommended this Dr at all. I started at a weight of 350 in treatment, less than 6 months later due to see very drugging me I dropped down to 170.

October 23rd, 2014
Fantastic doctor and even a better person!
Even thought Dr. Soncrant's office has been closed since Jan 2014 I feel compelled to write this. I seen Dr. Soncrant since he was at Bellin in 2001. I wish all doctor's were like him and Sharon "his secretary", 10 mins with Dr. Soncrant and my entire look on life changed for days. Always listened, non-political, to the point, and prescribed me what I needed and not a thing more nor less. Over the years he even yelled at me "not really yelled" for not calling him when things where not going so well. He cares deeply for his patients and unfortunatly some head-hunters from the GB court system set his office up to look like he was a doctor who was prescribing more than he should have, and he was not, far from it! He took the fall for what A LOT of other doctors were doing. They targetted him and used him as an example and it wasnt fair and illegal if you ask me. I feel blessed that I got the chance for him to treat me because I'm better for it. god bless you Dr. Soncrant and Sharon ..... my famlies thoughts and prayers have been with you and your son.

November 15th, 2012
He is super. He is genuinely concerned. He's laid back and I'm not uncomfortable around him. The psychiatrist I went to before him was in it for the money. Kept prescribing the same medicine and I was NOT GETTING BETTER. I've been going to him for a long time and I told him he can never retire because I don;t know what I would do without him as my doctor.

May 3rd, 2012
Not personable BUT he knows what he is doing.

December 3rd, 2011
Caring
He always remembers exactly what was happining with me and makes sure I stayed on track if not gets me right back where I need to be!!!

June 3rd, 2010
Great Psychiatrist
I would and have highly recommended Dr. Soncrant to others. The feedback I have gotten has been very favorable. His approach is quite down to earth. He has a great knowledge of pharmacology and monitors the effects closely. Because of this I have once again been able to lead a productive life. I could probably talk to him for hours but their are the constraints of time that come with appointments.

March 23rd, 2010
Always seems to be open to increasing or decreasing medication doses as needed. He does not recommend for a patient to do research on their own for treatment and or looking up side effects of medications.

January 17th, 2010
just another sad patient
I RECENTLY HAD AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM AND UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME ALL HIS CONCERN WAS BEFORE DURING AND AFTER WAS UPDATING HIS NEW COMPUTER PROGRAM AND ADDING ME TO IT, UNFORTUNATELY FOR ME THIS WAS ONE OF THE WORST EMOTIONAL DAYS I'V EVER HAD IN MY LIFE I WAS SUICIDAL,HAD GONE THROUGH A HORRID PERSONAL PROBLEM WHICH HE WAS AWARE OF AND NOT ONCE ASKED ME HOW I WAS OR HOW I WAS HANDLING IT BUT INFORMED ME HE WAS NOLONGER GOING TO BE DOING PAIN MANAGEMENT AND HAD ALREADY RECOMENDED ME TO A NEW DR.BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF CONCERN FOR ME I ASKED IF HE COULD RECOMMEND SOMEONE FOR ME TO TALK TO AS I WAS CRYING AND STILL DIDN'T SEEM CARE OR ACT CONCERNED AND HANDED ME A LIST OF THERAPISTS. THAT WASN'T WHAT I WAS WANTING I WAS TRYING TO GET HIM TO PARTICIPATE IN MY APPOINTMENT WITH HIM INSTEAD OF FARTING AROUND WITH HIS COMPUTER