Dr. George Sotos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Sotos?

August 17th, 2015

Thorough, smart, detail-oriented

I recently saw Dr. Sotos and he was very thorough and detail-oriented. He was good about ordering various tests and was reassuring as to my prognosis. I would recommend him to anyone.

August 6th, 2013

Reasonable wait

There is a reason it takes about half an hour for me to actually be seen by Dr. Sotos when I have an appointment. Because of the nature of my problem, I have to have blood work done when I arrive and it takes (only) 20 minutes for the tests to be run. Then Dr. Sotos reviews the results before he enters the examination room. Seems pretty reasonable to me!

November 25th, 2010

unprofessional

I lost faith in Dr. Sotos when he became annoyed with my questions about the side effects of my chemotherapy (possible permanent peripheral neuropathy). Despite symptoms that sent me to get a brain MRI to rule out brain cancer, he was dismissive of my concerns. Rather than answering my questions and calming my anxieties, he recommended that I simply stop treatment right then and there. I had only completed 5 of 12 treatments; given that I have stage iv colon cancer, they are my one defense against tumor recurrence. I have researched my condition enough to know that there are many alternatives to simply stopping treatment. He did not explore any of these alternatives with me and was quite urgent in recommending that I simply stop treatment. I left his office feeling confused and not sure what to do. This is not how patients should be treated. I am looking for another oncologist.

October 13th, 2010

Under his care my father's red blood cell (Hb) very could be drp from 11 to 9 after I ask him why his red blood cell drop so low- he said he don't expect to drop so low--I did ask Dr prior to his red blood cell drop --so but he insist next appointment will be over 8 weeks--he said yes--reason during this time -he was on vacation.--

May 5th, 2017