Dr. George Stankevych Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Stankevych?

HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY...

Posted on September 1st, 2016

I was very hopeful to see this doctor; it turned quickly when I started asking questions. He was pushing a certain procedure and then remarked that I should see a couple of other physicians. No, couldn't put on that paper gown and let him explore female bits. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Don't let this guy touch you

Posted on July 14th, 2016

I did not want a male doctor and he was involved in surgery and he made a comment saying "you didn't want me to pop your bag but now I am gonna be all up inside you"! He also told my husband "I am gonna go play with your wife's intestines now". Just wow!

He's nice, but...

Posted on March 9th, 2015

I really like Dr. Stan for his personality and bedside manner. I have had some questionable advice from him, however. The nurses and telephone staff are cold, and more often than not, I was made to feel like any phone call was burdensome. My medical history of cesarean and my discomfort with the idea of a vbac seemed unimportant, and I feel that had I stayed with the practice, a vbac would have been what would happen contrary to my comfort level. Unfortunately, I had to go elsewhere because I just grew too uncomfortable to stay in this practice. If I were not having children, and just seeing him as a gynecologist, I would have been very pleased with the office.

Posted on February 4th, 2014

This doctor almost cost me my life, he never saw me personally and had his "nurse practitioner" see me for years and I went to see another doctor only to find out this office was wrong and I had a very serious condition all along. Thank God I saw a different doctor or I would not be here today to write this review. He should not be practicing.

nicest doctor

Posted on June 15th, 2012

Dr. Stankevych has the most caring bedside manners I've ever dealt with. He delivered my 3rd child and he made me feel comfortable and cared for. An excellent choice for any woman.

Wonderful!

Posted on March 8th, 2012

Dr. Stan and his staff have helped me delivery two babies, and get through a leep procedure. In all cases the doctor and his nurses and midwives have been excellent. They are so caring and professional. I couldn't have asked for more. I would highly recommend this practice.

Fantastic :)

Posted on February 1st, 2012

WOW! I am very suprised clients are giving this practice negative reviews. I have been a patient since I was 16 years old, honestly NEVER have I experienced a negative interaction with the Doc or his staff. Also I find it remarkable that since my first visit (12 years ago) the office staff remains consistant, he must be a great guy to work for too! Dr Stankevych has delivered all three of my children and perfomed a high risk surgery while I was 20 weeks pregnant! I highly recommend this office :o)

hes wonderful

Posted on January 30th, 2012

his staff is exceptional

pregnant patient

Posted on November 6th, 2011

Overall, I found the entire office staff, dr included, awesome. They spent time answering my questions, addressed any concerns I had, and prepared me for what I should expect. I went there for two of my pregnancies and will go again if we decided to have more. There was no "pushing for induction" at all as previous reviewer experienced. Very little wait time except on ultra sound days or if there was something going on at the hospital. Awesome and I would recommend anyone go there.

great if you want to induce

Posted on June 28th, 2011

I went to this doctor for my first son. My pregnancy didn't present particular problems so things went pretty smoothly. I saw him most of the pregnancy and then right at the end he switched me to Gretchen Dabrowski, his midwife so I ended up delivering with him. I was not asked, I was just switched. The switch was actually good though because Gretchen was a lot warmer and put me more at ease than the doctor ever did. The nurses always struck me as very cold and uncaring. He insisted on inducing saying my baby was very big when it was absolutely not true and I later found out he does that to EVERY single patient, even scaring some into inducing. He is very experienced but perhaps old fashioned.

One of the Best

Posted on December 4th, 2010

Being an older woman, it is tough to find a doctor who can take the time to deal with all of the problems that come with age. Dr. Stankevych definitely has the skills that are needed to not only care for older women, but meet the needs that we all have. I would recommend him to anyone who wants a caring and understanding individual.

Only interested in obstetrics

Posted on January 6th, 2010

I don't understand why he even calls himself an OB/GYN, when he has no interest in women who aren't currently or planning to be pregnant. He ignored my complaints for years before ordering an ultrasound at the hosptial, where it cost me twice as much as it would have in his office. (I had no insurance.) Then he never followed up with me on the results. His only concern was when I planned to start a family. I know of other women (most of whom were older) who have had similar problems with him --after getting the brush-off from him, one woman found out she had cancer when finally getting a second opinion. I know of women who rave about him as an obstetrician, but beyond that beware of this one!