Dr. George Susens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. George Susens?

1 Rating with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

Showing 1 Rating with 1 Comment

April 16th, 2012

Unless you like condescending doctors who don't want to listen to their patients then you shouldnt see Dr. Susens. I have had chronic tonsillitis and sinusitis all my life, confirmed by other doctors. But when I saw Dr Susens for my latest and worst tonsillitis and sinus infection he basically denied any of these issues. He looked down my throat and said "you don't have any tonsils!" Huh? My last ENT would disagree as we were starting to review my options to remove my tonsils. I asked Dr Susens for a referral for a new ENT under my new plan and he actally refused! He said he would be "the laughing stock of Kaiser" if he referred me for a tonsillectomy. I could believe my ears. I felt so belittled. I guess I somehow thought that the patient's experience and needs mattered over a distorted doctor ego trip. I had to really assert myself and my needs and FINALLY he gave me the referral. I shouldnt have to be this way. And shouldn't a doctors policy be better safe than sorry? What if I or someone else didn't get that referral they needed? And it caused complications or worse down the line? It's terrible for the patient and a liability for Kaiser!

Type 2 Diabetes