A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Tuchsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Tuchsen, General Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Tuchsen, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Da Vinci Single Site Surgery
- Full range of general surgical care
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Diseases GI Diseases
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Robotic Surgery
- Skin and Soft Tissue Surgery
- Vascular Access Surgery
- laparoscopic herniorrhaphy
- paraesophageal hernias
- paraesophageal hiatal hernia
- sliding hiatal hernia
Education & Awards
Dr. Tuchsen graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Tuchsen has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tuchsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Humana - 19 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George R. Tuchsen practice?
Dr. George Tuchsen practices Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons.