A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Tung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Tung is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tung
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Tung Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Tung, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Tung graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Tung has 3 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Huntington Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Tung MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. George Tung practice?
- Dr. George Tung has 2 office locations.
Dr. George Tung practices Ophthalmology near Great Neck, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Bellmore, NY.
See Great Neck Ophthalmologists.