Dr. George Gibson Jr DO Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Brighton, MI

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2017
Going for anothe shoulder surgery after 9 months of run around going in to fix what he did not

February 25th, 2017
"Tunnel Vision" after 2 surgeries
After two surgeries in 6 months Dr. Gibson tells me he has tunnel vision, doesn't know what is wrong with my knee, and told me to somewhere else for a second opinion on what he said was a minor surgery.

June 29th, 2016
Get a second opinion
His surgery didn't fix my shoulder. Took a 2nd surgeon to identify 4 common problems and fix them. Cost me a lot of pain, aggravation, loss of work and lots of money.

June 3rd, 2016
best doctor and office ever..... amazing experience.

October 20th, 2015
excellent dr
dr Gibson has treated not only myself but my mother. My mother was very particular about her care having been an registered nurse and she was very highly impressed with the care and knowledge of Dr Gibson. When it came time for me to see an orthopedic doctor, she recommended him to me. I again was very impressed with him. My initial appointment was discouraging but only due to diagnosis and plan of needing hip replacements. I later went back after completing my research into options and those questions were answered professionally and accurately. the office staff is friendly and professional and I would see him again for any other orthopedic complaints and would refer anyone else to him. ..(fyi--due to multiple issues beyond any doctors control, the time with patients is often not very long--which is why multiple web sites recommend that you approach each visit with a specific and prioritized list of questions...the main concerns will be addressed first)

October 12th, 2015
Unhappy patient

September 30th, 2015
Wished I NEVER had my knee replacement!!! I had better mobility prior to surgery. When I questioned about my lack of being able to bend my knee threw his hands in the air "I don't know what to do with you" & walked out of the room. Installed my knee replacement incorrectly, verfied by manufacture of device an another doctor.

July 2nd, 2014
I am well pleased with Dr. Gibson & staff.

April 16th, 2014
Dr. Gibson is awesome; I've no idea who the negative reviewers are talking about
Dr. Gibson took a LOT of time with us for our son's serious fracture. He thoroughly explained the situation and reason for the right surgical solution; he never even hinted about payment. I'm a pretty protective mother, & I am 100% confident of his ability & integrity. My son is healing perfectly.

April 4th, 2014
dont go
He is more concerned with his pocket book than anyones problems. His office staff is extremely rude and again cares about nothing but money upfront. I'm on medicaid and was forced to pay 250 to see him and was assured i would be reeimbursed, guess what i wasnt. I'm getting a second opnion because 5 months later i still have the same problem. I feel since he had to deal with my insurance he wouldn't do anything but put a cast on me. Another thing everytime i went there the office was filled with pretty female 20 somethings with no apparent problems. It seemed very odd. He's a scumbag!!!!

September 17th, 2013
Great Doctor
I read the other reviews about Dr Gibson not being "engaged" so felt compelled to respond. I've gone to many disengaged Doctors in my live, but Dr. Gibson is NOT one of them. I couldn't have been more impressed with his friendliness, his willingness to listen to everything I had to say, he treated every question as "important", and gave concise, informed answers. His staff is great. The wait time is minimal. I could not be happier with my care.

September 13th, 2013
DNR
Wow - what a mistake. Referred to this doctor by local hospital. He did not appear to have read my file because he started to prescribe a solution to an aliment I did not have. After correcting him, he seemed offended and I have not been back.