A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Vates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Vates is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Vates, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Endocrine Disorders
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Vascular Malformations
Education & Awards
Dr. Vates graduated from Cornell University, New York. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Vates has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Unity Hospital
- ViaHealth - Rochester General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vates accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HealthNow New York - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independent Health - 15 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George E. Vates practice?
Dr. George Vates practices Neurological Surgery near Rochester, NY.
See Rochester Neurological Surgeons.