Dr. George Velmahos MD Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Boston, MA

April 16th, 2013
one of the best doctors on planet Earth.

February 25th, 2011
Partial Splenectomy done Laproscopically due to a 11+ cm Splenetic Cyst
Dr. Velmahos gave me the best surgical outcome for my very rare large spleen cyst not caused by any trauma. The best outcome being a a partial splenectomy done lapriscopically.The cyst had been an incidental finding in May of 2010 after I had a full abdominal ultrasound for a bout of severe right side pain. It was watched for about 8-months before my primary doctor referred me to a NH surgeon who then referred and recommended I see Dr. Velmahos. I highly recommend Dr. Velmahos and can not say enough positive things about him or his resident that worked with him on my case. I always knew and never second guessed that I was in the best hands. Dr. Velmahos did what most surgeons couldn't with my very rare condition. My 11+ cm cyst was found during surgery to not only be pressing on my stomach, but my liver now, too! The cyst started at about 6cm and never had any symptoms. I am a healthy 34-year old.I am 3-weeks post op and feeling great. It just shows you the best care & experience is in Boston. My surgery was recorded, but didn't end up working. It would have been used as a teaching tool and my surgeon totally deserves the recognition so this write-up was the least I could do!

May 17th, 2010
God Bless Dr. Velmahos
Dr. Velmahos has operated on me at least 12 times over the past 22 months. He has taken the time necessary to make sure that I am in a good place before leaving me - has come to see me when I needed to be reassured and has taken time on the phone with me when we were not in the same building. He saved my life and I will be forever in his debt - I love him and on some level I am sure he feels the same. He told me once that he did not think he could save me because I was so sick - then he said "I met you and realized I did not save you - you saved you" He continuously gives the credit that I feel he deserves to someone else. Whether it be the patient, the nurses, the Doctors that are fortunate enough to work with him and whom he lavishes immense praise on. It has been his expert ability to operate and perform procedures that are brand new and have them come out favorably. His constant caring has been what has helped me through many difficult times - I am almost healed and hopeful that I will not have to undergo any further surgeries but if I do - I know who will be there with me - helping me, caring for me and understanding better than anyone how I feel.

December 21st, 2009
There aren't enough stars for this brillant, caring man! Truley the best of the best. I wish I had a fortune to endow his researrch. He saved my daughter"s life after she was med-flighted from a car accident that she surely would have died from if not for the skill and dedication of this amazing surgeron and his trauma team! He gets the worst most difficult cases and performs what can only be described as miracles. Thank you for giving me back my daughter who is expected to make a full recovery by the year 2012!