A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Johnson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Johnson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnson graduated from Meharry Medical College, Nashville.
Dr. Johnson has 12 hospital affiliations:
- THE HEART HOSPITAL Baylor Plano
- Texoma Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Johnson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George W. Johnson practice?
Dr. George Johnson practices Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Denton, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Worth, TX.
See Denton Surgeons, Denton Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Denton Cardiologists.