Dr. George Waring IV MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Charleston, SC

4.8

January 17th, 2017
Great experience!
I am so happy I chose to do LASIK surgery with Dr. Waring. He and the office staff were easy to work with and my results have been great.

December 30th, 2016
Seeing 20/20!
Dr. Waring changed my whole life. There aren’t words. Previously I had a -11.00 script & was suffering from GPC that never seemed to heal. I had seen a few other providers about the possibility of LASIK for myself. I was a candidate. Nothing more was ever said to me about the consequences that LASIK could have for me with a high script. Dr. Waring was the only one who gave me the honest truth on everything. I went with Visian ICL's. Best money I ever spent selecting him as my surgeon.

December 19th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor!
I can see again with out glasses!!

December 17th, 2016
Vision is a gift!
Dr. Waring has improved this vital gift for me this past year with precise cataract surgery. I am so pleased.

October 15th, 2016
Dr. Waring and his staff are top notch professionals. I had cataract surgery performed on both eyes in the Apr-May 2016 timeframe. He explained the entire procedure beforehand and discussed all options. The procedures went extremely well and I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Waring and his team exemplify patient first professionalism. I was extremely pleased with the entire process. I would most highly recommend Dr. Waring to anyone needing cataract surgery.

September 21st, 2016
Dr Waring is an excellent eyesurgeon who goes above and beyond
to make his patient comfortable. I would definitely recommend Dr Waring wholeheartedly.

August 10th, 2016
Great experience and wonderful results

July 20th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Waring for PRK surgery was excellent! I had been in contacts for 15+ years and finally decided to look into vision correcting surgery this year. From the initial consult Dr. Waring was very thorough and explained all the surgery options available to me in great detail and in terms I could understand. His bed side manner is impeccable! I felt super comfortable with him and had no hesitation about moving forward to have him do PRK surgery. I am now 30 days post op, and I couldn’t be happier with the results! Dr. Waring is amazing and I have been recommending him to anyone who asks about my vision correcting surgery! Thank you Dr. Waring, you ROCK!

July 9th, 2016
Reborn
The initial visit was more thorough than I would have ever imagined, even for someone like me who’s been nearsighted and stigmatic since her mid-teens, that is to say, a good portion of my life. Therefore, I was very anxious to know if we could proceed with adjusting my eyesight. When Dr. Waring introduced himself and explained the different possibilities available, I was not only relieved, but also charged with an energy that revealed my lifelong dream of awaking to a discernable morning light. The following visits (there were two more) to the MUSC Magill Vision Center revealed the professional approach the entire equip demonstrated. Everyone was courteous and professional as one would expect, but it was the certitude that only capable seasoned technicians have, something that constantly accompanied every examination I needed prior to the surgery. Dr. Waring suggested lens implants and that is what we did, first in one eye to be followed by the other nearly a week later. The day of my operation, I didn’t know what to expect, so I was a little nervous to say the least. This feeling was quickly abated by how I was regarded, pampered and put on the same level as every human being in the hospital (yes, even nurses are humans!). I was reassured through each step of the process, even to what I might experience, and they were emotionally stimulating. In the first part procedure, I experienced patterns and colors, beautiful and fantastic that I cannot to this day easily describe in its entirety - my profession is within the visual arts. All of these experiences added to a disbelief; that is until the next morning when I opened my eyes and told my husband what time the alarm clock was showing. I danced, sang and played, as I felt strong without a care as if I were a youngster again. Even then, I had to get used to this new state of being after a lifetime in my condition; I was nearly -12! I feel reborn! Many thanks to Dr. Waring and Dr. Vogel and the whole team at the Magill Vision Center. This was my life’s dream. A dream come true. Molte Grazie!

July 5th, 2016
Excellent Care, excellent surgical procedure and excellent follow up.

July 5th, 2016
Excellent Diagnosis, excellent surgery and excellent outcome.

July 4th, 2016
Excellent and very good. Wonderful experience.