A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Weiss:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Weiss, Bariatric and general surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Weiss
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Weiss Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Weiss, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Weiss graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Weiss has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Jackson Purchase Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. George Derek Weiss MD is a male Surgeon, has 22 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. George D. Weiss practice?
- Dr. George Weiss has 1 office location.
Dr. George Weiss practices Surgery and Surgery near Lexington, KY.
See Lexington Surgeons.