A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. George Weiss:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. George Weiss, Surgeon, General Practitioner, Obstetrician & Gynecologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. George Weiss, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Weiss graduated from University of Louisville .
Dr. Weiss has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Harlan Appalachian Regional Healthcare
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Weiss accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. George D. Weiss practice?
Dr. George Weiss practices Surgery near Lexington, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Bowling Green, KY and Hazard, KY.
See Lexington Surgeons.