Dr. George Wharton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

September 26th, 2015
My son went all he did was talk about 4 min. And charged over $500.00 so unless you want to hand over lots of money for nothing better see soneone else

September 27th, 2012
Honest and experienced
Nice to meet a surgeon who is not knife happy. I saw another surgeon before I saw Dr. Wharton & he wanted to do surgery on me right away. Dr. Wharton recommended medication, exercise program & injections before any surgery. I improved so much that the surgery wasn't necessary. Thank God for doctors like him!

November 25th, 2010
No surgery with this doctor without a second opinion!
I saw Dr. Wharton the first day of my visit. I never saw him again until about two and a half years later when he said he could do no more for me. On the first visit he said he could take away "75% of my pain". I think he meant to say he could add 50% more pain. I don't even know if he did the surgery since my family nor myself ever say him. He put in two spacers. After a few days and pain I can't describe they took me back to surgery. One of the spacers came loose. They took it out but never replaced it. Yet they sure charged me for the second surgery. Funny thing, the first surgery was at St. Paul hospital. The second was at a small private hospital that they never billed medicare. They billed me for the second surgery but no medicare. Interesting. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I have gone through cancer three times and I thought after talking to him this would be something that I wouldn't have to deal with. It was a waste of time, money and pain. If you do go to this doctor, PLEASE get a second opinion.

November 30th, 2009
Everything went fine. Until after the surgery. Then when I was having problems. I could never get ahold of hi m. Lot of pain he sent me to a pain doc. Instead of trying to figure out the problem. We still don't know what the problem is.

September 9th, 2009
unconcerned and rude
He is has no concern for his patients. Will discharge a patient from hospital even though patient has fever and low blood pressure. Pays no attention to vital signs or patient's health complaints of being sick...and not well enough to leave the hospital.