Dr. George Zahrebelski MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology Hoffman Estates, IL

• Good
  • Bad

August 24th, 2016
Dr. Zahrebelski is one of the most capable, understanding, focused, confident and most of all, knowledgeable doctors I have ever known. My wife shares the same feelings. We are both 64 and 65 and have seen several doctors over the years. Dr. Zahrebelski will not simply write you a prescription and go on to the next patient. He spends a lot of time explaining to you what is or may be going on in your digestive system. He understands the types of care that patients receive and the importance of the types of food we eat. Many patient problems are a direct result of how the food industry prepares or "manufactures" what we find appetizing in the market. Dr. Zahrebelski will spend a lot of time with you, but that also depends on how open you are to listening to him. He will entertain all the questions you have but one must remember that you cannot diagnose yourself and you are there for him to figure out how to solve your issue. The fact that he spends so much time with a patient is one of the main reasons my wife and I see him when necessary. You may have to wait in the waiting room for a while to finally see him, but in today's medicine that is a very low price to pay to see a doctor who cares and is committed as much as Dr. Zahrebelski.

July 21st, 2016
Love this doctor!

July 20th, 2015
The best
Very thorough, very smart, takes his time with each patient to explain and teach. The best.

April 1st, 2014
Worst mistake in choosing this doctor
Bed side manner horrible. Talks to you like you are nothing. If you have a younger patient that needs to be seen by him, I suggest looking somewhere else. He gets bent out of shape very quickly if you dare to go for a second opinion. If I could rate him at a zero, I would.

June 3rd, 2013
COO sourcing
Very late for procedure. I found an electrode on my chest when I got home. 1 excellent nurse and the other was unprofessional in appearance with heavy makeup and perfume. Not what I want to see in a nurse. Staff member followed up the next day. That seemed weird, thought the doctor should have done that. No post colonoscopy issues.

September 16th, 2011
Brightest Doctor
Dr. Zahrebelski saved my life. I was misdiagnosed because all the other gastroenterologists never were thorough. They raced through my exam and history. Dr. Zahrebelski took all the time needed to treat my entire body not just one part of me. He did not cut any corners when performing my colonoscopy and took out all my polyps. Previously another physician did not take out all the polyps and I developed cancer. Dr. Zahrebelski explained and took pictures of my colon for future reference and gave them to me. He is honest and not out to make money by racing through my procedure to get to the next patient. Anyone who complaines never had cancer.

April 23rd, 2011
Extremely rude staff, the witch at the front desk is terrible, unprofessional and needs to get a job where she is not exposed to the public.

October 12th, 2010
The worst...
Dr. George Zahrebelski was my GI doc during my stay at St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates Illinois. On top of a mistaken diagnosis, poor attitude and terrible bed side manner, this doctor needs to be reported. I've dealt with this doctor for 5+ years and finally taking the step to take action against this doctor.

May 23rd, 2017