Dr. George Zakharia MD Patient Reviews

3.8

December 6th, 2016
I see Dr Zak every few months for a ureter stent replacement. He takes care of me in a professional manner. No, he doesn't dance into the room as a Jolly Joe or Happy Harold; he has a job to do and does it. I want a Doctor not a comedian. I would certainly recommend him.

August 10th, 2016
Dr Z is one of the best physicians that I've ever seen for my personal well being. He is the most knowledgeable and the most courteous physician I've been around. I should know the difference----I owned speciality hospitals in several states. He is a 5-Star physician in my books.

April 14th, 2016
thanks for his surgical skills

March 8th, 2016
Surgery
Although not very personable, he is very experienced and confident in his capabilities. I would definitely go to him again.

August 11th, 2015
I would not choose any other Urologist unless Dr. Zakharia was not available. He correctly diagnosed my kidney cancer,removed moved it with a robot. He and I believe he successfully got all of the cancer. My family was very impressed with Dr. Zakharia and with the time he spent with them explaining the results .

July 8th, 2015
Surgery
My husband was very ill when we were sent to Dr. Zakharia. He was very good at explaining the problem and how to correct. My husband has done great since surgery and we would reccomend Dr Zakharia to anyone.

May 8th, 2015
Great Care
Dr Zak has been my urologist for several years and has seen me through cancer and 3 surgeries. I am totally impressed with his level of care and concern that he has shown me. I would highly recommend Dr Zak to everyone in need of his type of service. He is great.

December 17th, 2014
Very satisfied
I was referred to The Wichita Urology Group and Dr Zakharia took my case. I couldn't be happier with this skilled surgeon. Within a month of being diagnosed with kidney cancer, Dr. Zakharia removed the kidney using robotic surgery. Within two weeks, I was practically back to normal. Dr. Zacharia was professional in explaining both pre-op and post-op information. I have no complaints about office visits. We visited both office sites which were very busy but the wait time was reasonable. I give Dr. Zakharia Highest marks and would recommend him based on my experience.

July 25th, 2013
He was late for my surgery. I was in pre-op for 3 hrs. I was on time for follow up appt. but still sat in the waiting room for 50 minutes.

November 15th, 2012
I was dissapointed
We were refered to this Dr by my regular Dr and when we went into the office we were a little early but we had to fill out paperwork once all that was done it was pretty much our appointment time. Well we waited and waited and waited then asked someone how much longer and was told they are very very busy and they would get to us so after 55 min of waiting (this does not include the 15 min we were early for paperwork) we finally got in the nurse asked a few questions and said the dr would come in soon he came right in asked a few things talked about a procedure said to scheldule it and was gone this took all but 3 min so for our 40 dollar co-pay plus what the insurance paid we waited for 55 min got three min with the Dr and then were dismissed not proffesional not nice and did not take time to explain anything. I just called to tell them I would not come back based on the experience and they said I could use a different Dr and they could transfer me to a nurse to explain the procedure more thoroughly I was then sent to a voice-mail. I would not go to this place it is horrible.I am even wheelchair bound so it was not comfortable at all

December 20th, 2011
If you have a choice, choose another urologist!
Wow - so not impressed with this guy. First we were left in the waiting room an hour. When we approached the receptionist at the 45 minute mark she tried to say it was because of the paperwork we filled out (which took 10 minutes +/-) My husband noticed that the disc of his scan was still sitting on the counter behind them - they hadn't even taken the info back.Once in the room - the person taking my husband's blood pressure looked like she would rather be somewhere else. No pleasantries, no apology for the wait. I asked about the doctor being behind and she just shrugged like it was no big deal.Next Dr. George Zakharia came in. He didn't even sit down. Didn't introduce himself, didn't ask questions just stated the problem, gave 3 options (a short sentence at best) and we chose to go with medication. With that he turned around and left. Total time with patient - 3 minutes.Horrible horrible experience. Can't believe our insurance is making us see this guy. We have to follow up in a week.

September 30th, 2011
Dr. Creepy
He was very creepy, rude to me and the nurse in the office with me. I felt very uneasy with him. He made comments that i did not appreciate. I would totally not recommend him to anyone especially a women.