Dr. George Zalzal MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Washington, DC

November 22nd, 2013
Very knowledgeable ENT specialist
Dr. Zalzal treated my 3-y-o daughter for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis (RRP). Neither our pediatrician nor ENT specialist could diagnose the disease, but Dr. Zalzal knew right away what it was. Before the surgery, my daughter didn't have a voice for several months, and it returned right away. We are going for another surgery in two months. We are very happy with Dr. Zalzal!

October 15th, 2013
Father of a patient
Dr. Zalzal is simply a miracle worker! He performed a cricoid split operation on my son that several doctors who had been at children's hospital for 10+ years came in to see because of how rare his talents are. He is to that point, does not care for bedside manner and I would not trade him for anything. He is and will forever be a superhero. He saved my son's life so I am jaded and happy to be that way. The doctor we met who had the most perfect bedside manner imaginable wanted me to push up my son's surgical procedure so it could match her vacation schedule. She also wanted to perform a more simple procedure for herself that would have left my one year old son with a tracheotomy. Thank goodness I dismissed her and found Dr. Zalzal. The cricoid split he performed spared my son of a tracheotomy all together!

August 21st, 2012
very rude and poor communicator; constantly interrupting pt
found this physician to be very rude and overall bad experience - would not recommend this physician to others -- many better ents in the area to choose from - stay away. he was very rude and did not listen. constantly interrupting to finish sentences (and incorrectly)I should mention however, all of the office staff were very friendly but this doctor left much to be desired.

April 3rd, 2012
He apparently lacks the skill and sensitivity needed to deal with kids that have special needs. He was uncaring, he treated my special need son as if he was dirt. Lets just say that there was no bedside manner whatsoever. In all my experience in the medical professional, he is worst that I have ever come across. I will suggest that you only take your child to see him if your child is a normal kid.

March 12th, 2012
Dr. ZalZal is very knowledgeable
We were referred by our pediatrician. Dr. Zal Zal doesn't have the best bedside manner but he is cordial. The first question he asked us was"does she always breath like that ?". We met with one of his fellows (a resident dr) first and then Dr. ZalZal came in to perform a procedure where he took a look down my daughters nose with a camera. Overall my husband and I really liked Dr. ZalZal- he was knowledgeable of our daughter's condition- which made us feel better. She was diagnosed with "floppy airway" Laryngomalacia. He was very to the point, he told us our options and allowed us to decide how to care for her. We have a follow up appointment in 4weeks and pray her case will improve.

January 10th, 2012
Our family could not be happier with Dr. Zalzal. Our son spent close to a year "mouth breathing" b/c of enlarged adenoids. At our first appointment, Dr. Zalzal walked into the room, said hello, sat down, looked at me and said "does he always breathe like that?". I was instantly at ease - Dr. Zalzal was clearly tuned-in and attentive to my son's needs and my concerns. He was thorough in checking other issues - tonsils and ears/hearing and within very short order we were scheduling surgery. While it can take awhile to get a "regular" appointment, I was thrilled with how quickly my son was scheduled for surgery. I was imagining a several month wait, but within weeks my little guy was on the road to recovery. Two last points:In trying to get our initial appointment - I frequently called the appointment line to see if there were any cancelations. The staff was always happy to field my calls and encouraged my to keep trying. Most of the time the answer was "no cancelations", but eventually we got lucky and the answer was "yes". We were in Dr. Zalzal's office the next day (several weeks early) and my son son's surgery was completed prior to the date of his initial appointment. Last, but not least, my son was 3.5 at the time of his surgery. Dr. Zalzal insisted that he stay the night at the hospital. Since the other children we know who had the surgery went straight home afterward, I was concerned that there was something going on with my son that required an overnight stay. The worry must have been etched on my face b/c before I could get the words out, Dr. Zalzal assured me that there was nothing to worry about - that while many doctors sent kids right home, he thought it best to keep the 3 year olds and younger at the hospital overnight for a little extra monitoring. My husband and I very much appreciated Dr. Zalzal's extra level of care and concern for our son's health.

December 13th, 2011
Go to someone else
Spent a total of 5 minutes with my daughter, failed to accurately diagnose her, made us feel stupid for having brought her to a specialist, was rude and dismissive of our issue, and diagnosed her by putting a tongue depressor in her mouth and not ever examining her otherwise.

March 28th, 2011
Ear tubes
Dr. Zalzal completed an insertion of ear tubes for my 18 month old. Dr. Zalzal was very courteos and professional. He answered all of my question pre-op as well as post-op.Before the ear tubes my son constatntly ahd ear infections. Ever since Dr.Zalzal inserted tubes in both his ears he hasn't had one ear infection. Thank you Dr. Zalzal!