Dr. George Zambetti MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

June 4th, 2016
I recommend Dr. Zambetti to friends
Dr. Zambetti has operated on both of my shoulders and did a great job! 3 months after arthroscopic surgery on my left shoulder, I had close to full mobility and my scars were barely visible.

June 4th, 2016
Inspires confidence in one's care
I had a positive experience with Dr Z who repaired a meniscus tear. I am back to walking normally without physical therapy.

April 28th, 2016
No idea what happened...
I met the doctor for first time to satisfy my angst re a shoulder injury Acquired in a car accident. I had conflicting opinions re the need for surgery which I wanted to avoid. The nature of the injury as explained by previous doctors is such that I was concerned my fear of surgery might harm me long term. Dr Zambetti has excellent credentials and was recommended by an excellent NY hospital. Zambetti was brusque in manner and very determined to note my injury may have been pre existing though I said it was not. I had no pain, or discomfort of any sort prior to the accident. I did not have an opportunity to ask questions as the doctor was not receptive. He was in fact quite snip and hand cold. My husband and I were puzzled by the bedside manner. Zambezi also commented on the "look on my face" which I suppose was confusion. He later commented to my husband I had an "attitude"! when I'd barely spoken a word and was trying to take in the information. all in all a strange experience. yM husband I left the office shocked and confused. Never again

April 18th, 2016
a good experience so far following rotator cuff surgery. staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

April 6th, 2016
Meniscus repair
Looking at the suggested questions, I would respond. Yes, I would choose Dr. Zambetti again and have already told my friends about him. His style makes one feel relaxed and confident that they are in the hands of a pro. The doctor is thorough, professional and personable. Easy to make an appointment. Very comforting both before and after surgery.

February 11th, 2016
I feel that dr.Z was the perfect surgeon for me. He came highly recommended by my primary care dr.

January 8th, 2016
Excellent doctor. I highly recommend him. Surgery was very successful. Recovery and PT were was fully explained and started immediately.

November 6th, 2015
Dr Z did a superb job with my ACL surgery. I have had an excellent recovery and am now fully active again. Both my personal trainer and my physical therapist independently commented that the surgery was skillfully done and were pleasantly surprised at how little swelling I had within 2 or 3 weeks post-op. Steady & rapid improvement since then.

October 5th, 2015
Torn meniscus...fixed and am good as new

January 6th, 2015
An amazing surgeon!
Thanks to Dr. Zambetti's surgical excellence, my knee feels great again!

August 26th, 2014
skier
I've been a loyal patient of Dr. Zambetti since the mid-1990's. Dr. Z removed a tear from my left knee on Friday. On Monday I was on the stationary bike recovering my range of motion. I was back in the pool on Tuesday (with the help of a water-proof sleeve). This is the doctor for you. The operation is elegantly simple. My recovery has gone very smoothly with very little pain. It's amazing what can be done today.

January 9th, 2014
Stay away.
Stay clear away from this joke of a doctor. He saw me all of 2 minutes and said that I am fine to return to work. Also to let it be known he was referred to me by the jobsite I was injured. Based on his false analysis with the sway of a company i returned to work in agony. He misdiagnosed me and later found out numerous do cemented injuries that would need surgery. I could recommend a fortune teller that would have better insight than this joke.