Dr. George Zimmerman II MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Pittsburgh, PA

• Good
  • Bad

May 9th, 2016
Very good and thorough doctor

July 17th, 2015
Awesome PCP
I am a very particular person when it comes to doctors. I don't like to wait for an hour after my appointment time to see the doctor. I don't have that problem when I see him. He is a great personal doctor to have. Highly recommend!!!

August 1st, 2013
I GLADLY RATE DR. ZIMMERMAN WITH 4 STARS. BUT SADLY THE STAFF PULLS DOWN HIS RATING. THEY DEFINITELY NEED TO FIND AND HIRE A BETTER STAFF. THEY ACT LIKE THEY RUN THE WHOLE PLACE AND THE NURSES TRY TO ACT LIKE A DOCTOR. IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO FIND A GOOD PCP DOCTOR AND THEN I FINALLY WAS REFERRED TO DR ZIMMERMAN BY MY HOME HEALTH NURSE AFTER I HAD SURGERY AND NEEDED SOME CARE AT HOME, FOR AWHILE. WHAT A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, SHE REFERRED ME TO. HE IS KIND, CONSIDERATE, LISTENS TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AND EXPLAINS THINGS TO YOU AND DIAGNOSIS YOU ACCURATELY OR SENDS YOU FOR TESTS OR REFERS YOU TO A SPECIALIST IF NECESSARY. I FIND DR. ZIMMERMAN TO BE A VERY GOOD DOCTOR AND WOULD RECCOMMEND HIM TO OTHERS. I LIKE HIM ALOT AND AM VERY SATISFIED WITH HIM.

March 29th, 2011
Office staff taking over
I have only had 2-appointments with the doctor, he did not talk very much but seemed to grasp the problem. I am assuming the difficulties getting an appointment when urgent, getting a RX refill, or such realated matters were caused by a quite horrible staff. The doctor had written an RX for my restless legs, when I called for a refill (I was down to 5-pills) I was given a royal run around...first told to call a psychiatrist (who doesn't handle RLS) then just openly told he would not RX!?! This aggrivation went on for 2-days, when I finally gave them copies of my sleep studies, the next day I got a call to come pick it up-gesh!!! I certainly hope any decent doctor wouldn't do that to a patient!Another occasion I was despirately sick and had seen him before on the same issue, the "girls" told me to wait & see if it gets better after I had been suffering for over a month.There is very bad communication skills or something going on at this office. A previous review called the staff discourteous, I say downright mean.

February 8th, 2011
Dr Zimmerman has a wonderful bedside manner; a good listener and answers all questions. His staff however is discourteous at times and gives patients a hard time when they request to have the doctor call back or give advice over the phone. They prefer to give their own advice which I find unprofessional.

September 29th, 2008
Unbelievably good doctor
Dr Zimmerman spends a significant amount of time with me discussing my treatment and health, every single time. He answers all my questions in a forthright manner, never talking down to me and never rushing me out of the office.

July 16th, 2017