Dr. Georgeanna Klingensmith Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Georgeanna Klingensmith?

August 7th, 2015

I found you!

Wow, it's been over thirty years and I found you. You are the WORST doctor I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. You may not remember me but I hope you do. Do you remember telling me to "shut up, it doesn't hurt!!" after you jammed a needle into my arm? Do you remember telling me "cryers don't get a candy!" How about this? Do you remember your tests diagnosing my issue and you withholding that information for YEARS until we went to another doctor whom you then told??? I hope you do. I wish I had been strong enough as a child to report you for that. You should be ashamed for what you have done and I pray you haven't done it to others!!! Sincerely, Hypothyroid, panhypopituitary with the "difficult" mother as you phrased it.

October 30th, 2014

Dr. Klingensmith has provided our two children with invaluable service! She is extremely good with diagnosis and helping with understanding how to deal with the daily changes in their blood sugar levels and how to manage insulin dosages. I highly recommend her!!

September 8th, 2011

Not the Dr. for me!

I saw Dr. Klingensmith when she was relatively new in practice at Children's Hospital in Denver. My doctor was concerned I was not growing and developing properly and referred me to her. It turned out I have a condition called Turner Syndrome, and Dr. Klingensmith was as cold about it as the iceberg the Titanic sunk on. She told my parents what my condition was, but neither her nor they told me what it was called. I was just told I would always be short, and would not be able to have children. I was 14 at the time. When I was 19 I changed colleges and needed a medical report and accidentally saw on a report in the dr's office "Turner Syndrome" on my chart. That is how I found out what the condition I had was called. I went rushing off to the library to look this syndrome up in a medical dictionary, but there was just a pretty basic definition, and not much elaboration (no Internet in those days!). Dr. Klingensmith never explained or cared about telling me what some of the characteristics of this disorder were, or what I might need to expect for future care. I can not tell you how alone I felt all during my teen years. I don't know why your dr. or your parents would not tell you what your condition was. I have had a pretty terrible life. Right after I got out of college I had jaw surgery to repair a severe malocclusion (which shortly after relapsed), but I had no idea that problem was related to Turners. In my later 20's I did begin going to an endocronologist and got on estrogen replacement, but I still didn't know very much about this disorder. It wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I was by a computer in a Wal-Mart (again, pre-Internet) by the pharmacy and plugged in Turner Syndrome and found out about a National Society and found out much more information. I had high blood pressure all my life, but it was left untreated until I was about 30. About six years ago I had to have emergency surgery to repair a dissecting aortic aneurysm. Again, if I had known that cardiac problems can arise with Turner Syndrome I maybe could have taken more precautions. Dr.Klingensmith and my parents handled my case about as bad as it could have been. I can't believe it when I see the awards and things she's gotten because for me she was about the worst! I will have paid emotionally my whole life how my case was handled.

January 24th, 2016