Dr. Georgine Lamvu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Georgine Lamvu?

January 24th, 2016

She is a wonderful doctor I have went to three other doctors no one can seem to find out what was wrong with me until I met Dr. Lamvu her the best and everything.

October 27th, 2015

Constant pain with Sex and Irriation

Dr Lamvu was so kind and helpful to me. She helped me when everyone else said that the pain was in my head and/or prescribed birth control which made me feel like a crazy person and only made things worse. We found a solution that really helped, it's been a couple of years now since I've had the pain. Thank you Dr Lamvu !

January 13th, 2015

Dr. Lamvu has always gone above and beyond to meet my needs. Treat her patients like a family member and not "just another patient." I would recommend her to anyone of my friends or family members!

March 19th, 2014

Thank you Dr Lamvu for saving my life and giving me my life back

Dr. Lamvu is the best doctor I ever had. She gave me my life back. I had suffered with heavy menstrals for years. No other doctor knew what to do besides put me on a bunch of different birth control meds which was not working. The last year I had a menstral that lasted constantly for a little over a year and no medication could stop it. I had 3 blood transfusions within a year because of how much I was bleeding. Dr. Lamvu stepped in and gave me my life back. She always made sure that I was comfortable and did her best to make sure I wasnt experiencing any pain. Thank you Dr. Georgine M Lamvu! You are my hero! I am constantly sharing with other women how she gave me back my life.

February 24th, 2014

Exceptional Doctor

Dr. Lamvu was interested in the background of my illness and immediately proceeded to aggressively pursue the situation. I have been seeing her for approximately 3 years and she has brought me relief. Unfortunately, I do have flare ups (as she said I likely would) and return to her when they occur. I have every confidence in the world that she is doing everything possible to help alleviate my problem. Unfortunately, after a systems change, there have been delays beyond her control, in seeing her patients at their appointment times. The staff does keep you informed of the delays and you can tell they (Dr. Lamvu and staff) feel badly about them. If she wasn't such a good doctor, I would no longer seek treatment for my condition at Florida Hospital because of their new computer system. I have scored their Promptness with only 3 stars because of the computer system!

October 1st, 2013

Caring, professional, knowledgeable, and thorough.

August 21st, 2013

AWFUL!

This doctor is TERRIBLE. I had not been able to have sex in 5 years, she looked at me and did a qtip test (which you do for vulvodynia!). She than explained to me that I had endometriosis and possibly IC and had to come back for a potassium challenge test (A TEST THAT IS DEEMED AWFUL and NOT useful!). She also told me I needed a laparotomy (which is way more invasive than a laparoscopy). And than she sent me home with the treatment for VULVODYNIA. SO why WASN'T this mentioned there?! I cancelled all of my appointments with her, you will NOT put a catheter in me while I'm conscious and put chemicals in there so I can rate how painful it is. THIS ISN'T EVEN A TEST THAT IS RECOMMENDED anymore! I went to see another doctor where I live, he immediately diagnosed me with vulvodynia, and gave me a vestibulectomy. Guess what? Pain gone. DO NOT use this doctor, she is awful, and only looking for money. Sort of seemed like she knew it was vulvodynia (with the treatment she put me on), and wanted to drain my back account while she was at it. I can't believe what a horrible doctor she is. Seriously, stay away!

May 28th, 2013

Rude and unreliable

I went to her because I wanted a female Dr. and because my friends said she was good. When I arrived, a male Dr. came to see me. I was not even asked if it was OK with me. She only showed up when it was time for the pelvic exam, but the one who performed it was the male Dr. At that point,I did not leave because I had waited months for this appointment and I really needed answers on what was happening to me. After the pelvic exam, instead of leaving for me to clean up and get dressed, and then come to talk to me ( as it should be), she stayed explaining my condition in such a rush and not really answering my questions. The male Dr. tried to leave, but since she did not, he stayed as well. I was there holding a napkin, butt naked and cold. I left in tears and shaking.

February 26th, 2013

I have been dealing with many doctors over the past 14 months due to my condition and twice I had to be seen by Dr Lamvu and my experience both times have been very poor. Her bedside manor seems professional, but is condescending. Both visits with her, I was unable to resolve my issue and left in tears.

October 22nd, 2012

exceptional md

Dr. lamvu is an exceptional md ... major area of improvement ... is staff phone manners and the wait time. Also the convenience of scheduling an appt chronic means chronic and waiting 30+days for an appt is outrageous. The wait for your appt varies you can be called right away of or can be waiting over 2+hrs in a cold room waiting for someone to come ..

June 2nd, 2011

The best I've ever been to

There was a lot of waiting before I was seen but it was 100% worth it. Dr. Lamvu is the only doctor that I have ever seen who has actually taken the time to sit with my husband and I and explain what was going on. I left her office with a peace and confidence that things were going to be okay and I've never felt that with my other doctors. She is very knowledgeable and literally sat with us for as long as we needed and answered any questions we had in a way we could understand. She has been the only doctor to try and treat me without making me feel like I was 'just another patient.' When you have to see a doctor for issues that are so personal it feels great to know that your doctor cares just as much for your concerns as you do.

March 26th, 2011

First Visit

This MD is one of the best in pt. care, professionalism and taking the TIME to listen to complaints. She even has the courtesy to knock on the door and actually wait for a response to come in the room. What does that mean?? An attention to detail that carries over to her overall way of practice. Small things like this gives an indicator as to what the outcome will be for surgery.