Dr. Gerald Amundsen II Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Amundsen II?

Binge Eating Disorder

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Gerald Amundsen II?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 19th, 2015

Good doctor, terrible staff

Well, unfortunately I have to agree with most of the reviews here. And I did not think I would ever do that. I have been going to Dr. Amundsen since 2004. My husband, until he passed this year, said Dr. Amundsen is the only doctor he would go to in Oklahoma! Last week I had an appointment for which I was fifteen minutes late. I realize a patient should be on time but I was delayed at work and did not leave the office as early as necessary. ( I am an attorney and my time is valuable too!). When I arrived at his office, for my appointment with the Nurse Practitioner (Dr. Amundsen was on vacation) I was told that since I was 15 minutes late I could not see the NP. I offered to wait but they said I had to come back the next day. Instead I went across the street to see another Nurse Practitioner at Urgent Care. There I was treated with respect, consideration and only had to wait about 20 minutes. Without an appointment! I respect and admire Dr. Amundsen very much but because of his rude, insolent and inconsiderate staff I will NEVER use D. Amundsen's services again.

September 16th, 2014

Excellent Doctor

Doctor Amundsen delivered 2 of my children. I lived in Moore and only gave him a shot because I was referred there due to his experience with asthmatics. I drove from Moore to Mustang regularly after that. He went above and beyond to take care of me and personally went out of his way to make phone calls to get me the medicine I needed when my insurance wouldn't cover it. Also, I was in an abusive marriage when I first started seeing him. He called to check on me many times and even called my mother to check in. He helped me escape a bad situation. He is by far the best doctor I have ever seen and I have so much respect for him as a human being. He listens and shows concern. You don't see a lot of that these days. Unfortunately, his staff is another story. The front office is not prompt in returning phone calls and it's a little tough to get an appointment sometimes. 10 years ago, it was much different. Things were very professional and it was easy to set an appointment and get your phone calls returned. I really hope that this issue can be resolved.

April 19th, 2014

Dr Amundsen vs. staff and effect on pateints

I see a lot of negative reviews about the staff of this Wonderful doctor. I am here to tell you that I have known him since he was a very good teaching doctor over at the OUHSC. Yes, his move into private practice has caused some time issues, and new staff changes that create problems with scheduling and return calls, but the reason for this is that Dr. Amundsen will talk and listen to his patients and a lot of times that can cause overages in appointment time, and longer wait times for the patients. Believe me if I had not had to move away from there I would still be seeing him, I can work through surly, or incompetent staff, I have before. I would much prefer a doctor who does listen to me and takes what I say as important (I am very proactive in my medical care and have a medical background) and sometimes even agrees that I have valuable input to my treatment. It took me a year to find a doctor that was half as good as Dr. Amundsen is down here, most would talk to me once and because of my forthrightness about how I view the doctor patient relation, they would not see me due to my insistence that I was going to be active in my health care. If you find a doctor as good as Dr. Amundsen, sometimes it is worth the hassles of staff that feel they don't make enough money to do the job they are asked to do.

March 5th, 2013

This doctor is a good doctor with bad business. His staff from making a appointment, to the nurse in back are horrible, rude and do not care about the patients at all. If you are sick you better go to urgent care center because you are not getting in to see him for atleast a week. And dont even try to get a refill on RX they will not fax pharmacy and then say they didnt receive fax. The women who answers the phone does not care about your well being at all. If you get to the nurse you have just bothered her and her attitude lets you know. Hope you dont have test ran, good luck getting results. Take it from me get another doc, run to nearest doc and save yourself.

March 4th, 2013

I think Dr Amundsen is a great doctor who cares about his patients but the staff is a different story! His black assistant lacks for any personality at all. She never smiles and when she calls me for my lab results, it sounds like she is reading from a book. She never changes the tone of her voice ( very monotoned) and appears she doesnt have a clue about medical knowledge! The staff changes like the wind. Always new faces and seems like new rules everytime I go in there. It's ashame he doesn't have more "professional" office manager and billing person than his "greedy" WIFE (who is NEVER there) not to mention a 2-3 hr wait for a cough! I think it's time to change doctors! billing person than his WIFE.

February 20th, 2013

Business as usual..

I quit going to this office about two years ago entirely because of the office crew. The treatments and bedside manner were always second to none. Getting in to see the doctor, usually dicey. Submission of insurance/ billing paperwork is apparently only completed if someones life is threatened. Copays changed with every visit, and we had a fantom $5 that for some reason was never allowed to be payed off. Time management has always been an issue here also. Appointment times are apparently only for the patient to adhere to.

September 21st, 2012

Dr. Amundsen is a wonderful person with an excellent bedside manner, but he's really hard to get into see and his staff could care less if you get in or not! I was 5 mins late for an appointment and turned away, only to go home and have a heart attack. but it's OK we have to wait an hour or more to see him. He has miss-diagnose me several times over all the years of seeing him. I was in the hospital going in owing him a little, but after 2 days in the hospital, seeing him twice, I was again turned away AFTER going into his office, telling me my bill was over $800. UMMMM Of course it's his money hungry wife that is his book keeper & office manager, trust me, she wants that money! Doesn't care anything at all about his patients. We were turned away, not only on this but his wife came into the front lobby and talked all our business right in front of a full office of patients. We asked if we could go some place private to discuss this and she wouldn't hear of it. Now I will say here, we had spoken to the doctor a couple weeks before about the bill and was told not to worry about it! Never expect a phone call back from his nurse or staff, because it will never happen. All you hear are excuse after excuse. I have many friends I have referred them to him and they came away really upset and refuse to go to him again!

August 22nd, 2012

Great Docs but wait is loooong

June 27th, 2012

The staff seemed to be VERY YOUNG and un-educated on what the duties of front office means. Billing is the WORST and what makes it more tacky is it's HIS WIFE doing the billing, talking about setting yourself up for FAILURE!! He spent alot of time explaining to me what my symptoms were and what we were going to do to fix it, which made the wait that much easier to accept.. I would recommend this physician but BEWARE of The BILLING DEPARTMENT and NEVER expect a call back

May 14th, 2012

Highly recommend Dr. Amundsen

He's a great family doctor that actually takes the time to listen to you and discuss your treatment, options, etc. The front desk staff seems a little young and pretty new, but they get the job done.

February 17th, 2012

Love the doc, but the staff is just awful. Wait time is unacceptable, good luck if you have a question and need to get a response back, getting Rx's refilled is a nightmare, office staff is rude, Nursing staff is nice enough but horribly inefficient. Too many good docs out there to suffer through the supporting staff to see this one. If not for the poor quality of the staff, I would rate the doc himself higher. He may be a good physician, but clueless about running a practice.

February 14th, 2012

NEVER AGAIN

Although the doctor may be nice his staff definately is not and he does not seem to care about his patients at all. I have an enlarged liver and gall stones and they waited for over a month before they called. They called on a Friday I was at work and called back at noon to which I was told it was after hours and I would have to wait till Monday even though it was the same person who had called me! The next friday I called there was no nurse there to talk to. Then called back 2 more times to which I was disconnected both times after being put on hold. I am in excrutiating pain so I called back to finally find out this information. I am aggrevated that no one thought it was pertenent enough information to call more than once!!!!!! I will never go here again and I would suggest if you want a caring staff look somewhere else!