Dr. Gerald Belopolsky MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2016
I don't know why anyone would comment about his accent cause I found him very clear and easy to understand so it wasn't an issue. I never made an appointment with him at his clinic because I was a patient admitted to UAB and he came to my room to see me there. If it wasn't for my Cardiology Doctor consulting with him first, I would've had a tube inserted in my right lung and hanging out of my side or back to drain fluid for next few days to a week. My Cardio Docs all told me that it wudnt be painful during or after the procedure. When Dr. Belopolsky came to speak with me about the final decision, he said its very painful afterward the procedure, which for me wudve been up to a week of pain, and there wasn't a bad enough infection there to need it. I had just had a procedure 2 days before that drained 1000 CCs of fluid, which was all there was to drain, and it was still clear of any fluid 2 days later. I was so thankful for his opinion and it being sought after and listened too by my cardio team so that I didn't have to go through anymore sticking, prodding, pain, etc than I'd already been through. Its been weeks now since that happened and I'm fine, lungs are fine, have had no more fluid, and had to do something to show my appreciation for his work.

May 26th, 2015
Great job
Fantastic doctor that knows what he is talking about. Instead of giving biased diagnoses that are based on what people want to hear, he says the truth and takes the time, knowledge, and experience to treat patients with his best ability. I finally got some real and honest answers. Apart from rude irrelevant comments regarding accents that have nothing to do with his expertise and medical ability, he is knowledgeable in his profession and it shows through his work and time. Keep the irrelevant biases out of your judgement when commenting.

April 19th, 2013
Disappointed!
I came to my appt as knowledgable about my diagnosis as I could be. He immediately dismissed the diagnosis my referring Dr. had given. Then said he "Does not read" the scan that diagnosed my illness. To advanced for you??? It is newer technology, within the last ten years. Maybe It's tme for you too back to school? While you are there take a couple of English classes. Another thing, everytime you walk in to meet a patient....pretend its a member of your family. Stop trying to impress your students. Your dealing with people's lives.

July 23rd, 2016