Dr. Gerald Berke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

December 14th, 2016
I had excellent, top notch care given to me by Dr. Berke for my Spasmodic Dysphonia

June 14th, 2016
Diagnosed papilloma without biopsy because it looked mulberry like and recommended surgery.Perhaps he has not heard about mulberry hypertrophy which is what it turned out to be when biopsy was done by another ENT. I was saved from his scissor by grace of God.

June 4th, 2016
Don't go to him for vocal surgery!
Whatever you do, do NOT go to this guy for SLAD vocal cord surgery. It's been two years and my voice still sounds like a kazoo. Don't do it!! Go to Andrew Goldstone at Greater Baltimore Medical Center, if you need to have the surgery done.

April 22nd, 2016
Read all reviews and judge for yourself. I found Dr. Berke available to answer questions. He never suggested surgery in my case. He referred me to others for additional review and possible therapies.

March 13th, 2016
Recommends unnecessary surgery. Will not go to him again.

November 8th, 2015
Humble and knowledgeable, best doctor

October 27th, 2015
Dr. Gerald Berke hurt me. You've been warned.
Dr. Gerald Berke is a very poor physician, who didn't care about me. His staff is arrogant, and it's clear they inherit that from him. He won't think twice about operating on you, leaving town, and not following up. Beware this doctor. His ego is far larger than his ability.

May 2nd, 2014
My Experience Positive
For several years I've been going to Dr.Berke for botox injections (spasmodic dysphonia). He is known for being brilliant at this, and I NEVER noticed any shaking. He's not exactly warm&fuzzy but I don't care. His staff is GREAT and always so helpful. I am considering his SLAD-R surgery and have read many satisfied patient diaries. I believe he must be an excellent surgeon. He has helped many people all over the country have a voice.

April 10th, 2014
I didn't feel that Dr. Berke was particularly interested in me, either as a person or a patient. I spent perhaps 7 minutes with him. He sent me for tests. When they were completed a month later I only got a cursory call from one of his fellows, and it was unhelpful. I never spoke with Dr. Berke again. But at least the charges for my visit and the Endoscopy (30 seconds long) were outrageous.

February 5th, 2014
The Best in the World
From the first visit, with my whole family there, he answered everyone's questions with open, honest, highly helpful information. He was cheerful and optimistic and very patient. Through the surgery and recovery periods and even after all was well, he was very accessible and always warm and an attentive listener. His staff were unfailingly helpful and much time later they still remember me and are involved and interested in my current life and that of my family. Several even participated in a Cancer Benefit run with my name as the honoree! My bills and insurance claims were handled promptly and clearly and were entirely appropriate with the time spent by the Doctors and the level of the procedures. I consider him the gold standard by which I measure other physicians. (PS: there are several reviews that clearly are written by the same angry guy and should be evaluated with that point of view - I don't even recognize the person/people he is talking about!.)

January 26th, 2014
why?
I was treated very poorly by Dr. Berke and his staff. Dr. Berke will soon be gone from UCLA, and won't be missed.

January 22nd, 2014