A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Gerald Calegan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Gerald Calegan, Neurologist, Internist, Family Practitioner is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Gerald Calegan, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Dystonic Disorders
- Endoscopic Deep Brain Simulation (DBS)
- Essential Tremor
- Movement Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Calegan graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans.
Dr. Calegan has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center
- Womans Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Calegan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 5 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Humana - 18 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Gerald J. Calegan practice?
Dr. Gerald Calegan practices Neurology near Baton Rouge, LA.
See Baton Rouge Neurologists.