Dr. Gerald Cara MD Patient Reviews

April 11th, 2016
Awesome
Best Doctor ever!

June 25th, 2015
Staff is horrible.had over 6 people scheduled for the same exact time.front desk girl is cocky and did nothing to help the situation.office is dirty.what a waste of time.DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

April 17th, 2012
Dr. Cara is a wise physician, is quiet and thinks deeply before giving his thoughts regarding a treatment plan. I can see how this can be misread.I was treated for a fractured elbow and am very pleased with the outcome and his follow up care. He really is a deeply caring doctor.

June 17th, 2011
A very ingnorant physician
This physian is very careless when it comes to bedside manner.He never spent a reasonable amount of time with me to explain to me of the injury I have at my knee.His attitude is negligent; whenever I asked him something, his answer was that he didn't know and left the room.He did not even diagnose me right: he told me proceed to physical therapy, when I had a torn meniscus.

December 1st, 2010
Did not feel comfortable with him being my surgeon
I tore my ACL and my insurance told me to see this Dr. After meeting with him once i realized that i wouldn't even want Dr. Cara in the same hospital that i was having surgery in. He was very impersonal, and didn't seem to care at all about me or what i was saying. He wanted to just schedule my surgery and get it over with. He seemed very old to be doing surgery. I'm sure he knows what he is doing but he did not give me that impression at all and so I did not chose him as my surgeon.

June 20th, 2010
Doctor was very unprofessional. Kept mixing me up with another. Even gave me the paperwork for another, and when I tried to correct him he did not listen. Blamed for for my injury before I had a chance to explain what happened. Was uncaring, rushed me in and out, and was very unorganized. Not to mention I sat in the office for 45 after my appt time before he showed up and then it was another 45 min before they called me back. Stay away from this doctor.

October 8th, 2009
I went to Dr Cara for a very painful, severely frozen, right sholder. He explained the procedure and possible danger to me in complete detail. The procedure was succesful and the follow-up was good. About two years later my left sholder began to lock up. I called Dr Cara and set up an appointment. Just a few days before I was to check into the hospital Dr Cara's daughter died. His office called to inform me and said they could reschedule me for a later date or they could set me up with another doctor. I chose to go with the other doctor because I was in a lot of pain and did not want to wait any longer. The procudure was only partially succesful and I only regained partial use of my arm. Later when Dr Cara returned to work I called and made arrangements to try again. Everything went well and it wasen't long before my sholder was back to normal. Dr Cara has a great bedside manner. While I was waiting in preop the last time I was listening to the world series between the Dodgers and Detroit Tigers. They wheeled me into the operating room just as the nineth ending began. Dr Cara greeted me as they wheeled me in. He asked me if I was ready. I said yes but I hated missing the end of the ball game. He had someone in the operating room to put the ball game on the loud speakers and I got to hear my Tigers win the world series. They said I had a big smile on my face through the whole operation.